CHAPTER 1/2 ~ Welcome to Chili's (Cascada, California)~

After a tedious four hour and a half plane, a laborious two hours getting our luggage from the airport, and a painful three drive to Cascada, we finally reach our new house. This house means nothing to me. It is definitely far from being my first, and I have a feeling it isn't my last. This is just going to become another forgettable house like my 5th, 8th, and 11th house. I like to think this is going to be different, but I know it won't be. Once I adjust to the new house and make new friends, we are going to have to move all over again because of weird investigations and stuff. Well, I am tired of it. If my mom, Meredith, can't get her shit together this time then I'll throw another tantrum.

    I  am first out of the car because I don't bother to get the bags, Meredith should get them, it's the very least she can do after all. The house is a good size and a nice silver color, like the moon. Of course it has a bunch of skylights and a wraparound second story deck, because all our houses had that in common for some reason.

    "Why do we always have those stupid skylights?" I mutter angrily under my breath.

    "Because," my annoying younger brother, Kale say as he runs out of the car, "it's so that one day the aliens can see you and take you back to your home planet."

    "You're such a ludicrous fool," I tell him after I shove him on the ground.

    "Mom!" Kale shouts like a baby, "Glissandra pushed me onto the ground!"

    "Glissandra, be nice," Meredith says while she closes the trunk with her arms full of things. I roll my orbs at her.

    "Mom, I'm bored," Kale complains, "there's nothing to do here!"

    "Why don't you two go meet the new neighbors or something," she replies.

    Kale immediately perks up and says, "I hope there's someone my age here this time!" I find that pathetic, I never go out and try to make friends, everyone just wants to be my friend, unless it's a guy, then he wants to be my boyfriend.

    "Glissandra, go with Kale to meet the neighbors," Meredith says, bossing me around again.

    "Come on, Glissandra!" Kale screms as he tries pulling me forward by my arm, "let's go!" I sigh and decide to go so I can shut this little nuisance up.

We walk down the street, past all the houses that look similar to ours.

"Let's go knock on their doors!" Kale shouts and runs up to the nearest house.

"Kale, why the hell would these people want to let in two complete strangers?" I ask as I roll my orbs at his desperate attempt to make friends.

"Aren't we meeting them?" Kale asks confused, "How can we meet them if they're in there and we're out here?"

"I don't want to go in anyone's house," I state and keep walking down the street, "besides, there might be people out walking too." Kale looks back at the house but ultimately decides to follow me because I'm always right and he knows it.

We're about halfway down the street when some large thing comes bolting out of nowhere and zips right in front of me. I screm and fall backward as my annoying brother laughs at me.

"What the hell was that?" I growl and look around. Whatever it was, it's gone now. I gracefully get up and dust myself off.

"I think it was a horse," Kale manages to get out as he struggles to maintain his breath he lost while laughing.

"Why would it be a horse, stupid? There are no wild horses in California," I say is disbelief.

"Of course there are," a random voice behind me says. I turn around to see a tall girl with a perfect California tan and flawless golden brown hair. Her deep caramel hazel orbs stare at me.