Chapter Six. The Past.

Brianna's P.O.V

I've always wondered what I'd be without someone to love. Not that I depended on it but I just wondered, I finally find out how it feels to be shattered and broken. I finally feel the pain I've never thought I'd face ever again. I guess I deserve it. I guess after all this time longing for the love of my life these are the consequences for neglecting life.

I lean on the door frame as I watch Tyler And Sam play tickle monster. It is been two weeks since he almost got punched to death. I couldn't believe how close they were.

I could never shake the feeling that I and Tyler might end up together again, but that will only be because of Sam the way they connect is beautiful. Tyler also has a little sibling her name is Miranda she's seven and a half. She's adorable and speaks three foreign languages.

She always calls me by my full name and it's always funny to hear her try to pronounce my last name. She loves her big brother a lot even. It always fills my heart with joy as we took them both to the park to play while we cuddled on the picnic blanket staring up at the sky pointing at oddly shaped clouds.

And I always hold the thought that no matter what he'll always hold that special spot in my heart.

He glares at me and whispers in Sam's ear to go and tackle me. He runs over to me and attempts to tackle me but fails, I laugh and pin him to the ground start tickling him.

Tyler joins in and Sam starts to yell in laughter.

"Stop! Stop! I'm gonna pee my pants!"

We laugh even harder. I look up to Tyler and our eyes meet. We stop tickling him. Tyler leans in and I do too. Sam opens his eyes and says.

"Are you guys gonna kiss, eww!!!!"

We laugh. I help him up and say.

"Go get your things."

His eyes widen and he lets out a cheesy smile

"Why?"

I smile.

"You spending the night with Tyler and Miranda."

He pumps his fist into the air, hugs me, and runs upstairs.

Tyler clears his throat.

I smile and nod.

Why the fuck are you nodding, tell the guy you already got a guy and you no longer need his lips.

"Uh, are we gonna stand here in awkward silence?"

"No no no Tyler nothings awkward till you say it is awkward!"

He laughs.

"Want anything to drink, we got everything!"

"No, no thank you."

Sam comes running down the stairs and pulls me down to kiss my cheek and runs out the door and stands outside the Mercedes waiting for Tyler to unlock the doors.

"Well uh, take care of my brother or I hunt you down and kill you."

He laughs and rolls his eyes.

He yanks his keys out of his pocket and walks over to the Car. They drive off.

**************

Charlie's P.O.V

I always thought I'd have the perfect guy, I mean Kristen is great but I doubt that's who he really is I mean he has a girl's name. How do you trust a sexy man with a girl's name?

I watch him try\ to smooth talk my brother Kyle. This is the first time they meet and it scares me honestly. They both have one thing in common. They both short-tempered as fuck.

They sit down and stare at me.

Kyle rubs his head and asks.

"So Kris what's your story?"

His eyes widen and he starts.

"Uh. My father died when I was merely five years old and my mom lives are Los Angeles California with my two siblings. I want to be a private investigator and if that fails I'd to take on a career as a graphic designer."

"Oh, wow. I'm sorry for your loss."

Shit. I never knew he lost his dad as a kid how much don't I know bout

him.

"Thanks."

He rubs his hands together and looks around the park, clears his throat, and says.

"Charlie never told me she had a brother."

Kyle looks at me with a smile.

"Uh, I didn't know that."

"Yeah, she told me the only family she got is Brianna, Thomas, and Sammy."

Damn! Was I drunk when I told him that?

I continue to slurp my milkshake and start looking around.

I then turn to them to see them staring at me.

"Fine. Kristen. My mother lives in the United Kingdom, my dad fled when I was a kid. And the only reason why I don't talk about this it because it stings my heart to realize how sad life makes me."

I look away and begin to shout at my tears not to drop.

"I'm sorry..."

"No need to apologize."

I start peeling the sticker on my milkshake container with my thumb.

"Wanna know why he fled."

He looks at Kyle and nods.

"I don't know, my mother says he just wanted to make my world better then it is now so he has gone to find something to make my future brighter. But I didn't believe her cause she said that holding me tight and trying to hold in her river of tears forcing to fall out like a wave. I'll never know the reason why he left. All I know is that the last time he ever saw me he told me he'll always be here and that he loves me."

I try to swallow the lump in my throat and Kristen sits next to me and puts my head on his chest. I let my tears flow and I could feel the pain rebuild for the very first time in five years.

Kyle buries his face in his hands and starts crying too. I get up and hug him.

He removes his hands and says.

"Mom never told me that, all she told me is that he's dead to her. Charlie whats happened to our family."

I hug him tighter and silently pray.

Funny how the littlest things hurt us The MOST!