Have

I wasn't alone at home. My parents were sleeping in the room opposite mine while I was reading a book when I heard the bloodcurdling scream of my parents and the unmistakable sound of laughter. Crazed, psychopathic laughter. I looked up so quick that my glasses fell of my face. As I bent down to pick them up, my bedroom door opened. There , standing in the doorway were two men.

One had a white mask on that kinda looked like a Japanese black and white geisha. The other one was wearing a yellow hoodie. They both were covered in blood and had knives in their hands. I screamed as they ran into my room. The one in the yellow hoodie put his hand on my mouth while the other held up his knife.

Now, don't get me wrong. I wasn't a super strong girl with hidden muscles. I also wasn't a mutant with wings that could turn to steel. I did one year of karate but that was way back. But, in a situation like this, something just happens to you.

I kicked hood in the groin and head butted Mr.geisha. While they were groaning in pain, I ran out of the house, quickly picking up my spectacles and putting them on. I started running towards the woods in front my house. Now you might be wondering , why in the world did you run towards the woods and not towards your neighbours house ?

The answer : I freaked.

I make bad decisions all the time. But this bad decision might just cost me my life. I just got really scared that they would kill our nice neighbours too, so I went into the forest. They couldn't find me in here right? They wouldn't know the way. It's not like they lived in a creepy mansion in the middle of the woods.

As I went deeper into the woods, I suddenly started feeling nauseous so I took out the torch in my pocket. Yes. I carry a torch in my pocket for situations like these. As I went deeper, it stopped working. Ugh. The batteries in these things are horrible. I took out my phone and turned on the flashlight icon. I hoped that I could find shelter soon since I wanted to save my phones battery power in case I needed to call someone.

Suddenly, I saw someone standing in front of me. He looked.....weird. He was abnormally tall and seemed to have no face. I turned to walk away but he ran in front of me. Wait. Ran is the wrong word. He came in front of me so fast that it seemed like he had..teleported.

I knew running away wouldn't help me, so I stood in front of him and tried to look as intimidating as possible. 

"HEY NO FACE ! YOU WANNA FIGHT ?! LETS GO ! ME AND YOU !" I shouted, and took my battle stance.
Just then I noticed the tentacles that came out from his back. He was definitely not human. He came towards me, still teleporting while I stood my ground. If I go down, I'll go down fighting.

Now, don't get me wrong. I don't go around looking for fights. But this dude just seemed hostile.

He wrapped his tentacles around my neck and started to choke me. I tried to wriggle out of his grasp but he just responded by lifting me in the air. Black spots danced in my vision as I started to lose consciousness .  Just as I felt my lungs giving out, he dropped me.

I looked up at him and weakly laughed . "You can't even kill a human. You're pathetic".I forced out another weak laugh. The reason I provoked him was simple. I wanted to die. My parents had probably been murdered by those psychopaths and I didn't have any friends worth living for.

His expression changed from shocked to fury. Well, not exactly his expression since he didn't have any facial features, I just guessed.

He had just started to approach me when I heard the leaves behind me rustle. I looked up to see Hoodie and Masky (that's what I am calling them now) covered in my parents blood. That just reminded me of my choice.

"So these two work for you ? Excellent. You three can kill me together. It will be some father son bonding time." I said, laying my head back on the ground. Hoodie started to approach me but tall guy called out in a voice like ice- "Bring her to the mansion. Alive. " he looked at the both of them as he said this.

"But why boss ? Why are you making an exception ? Why is she special ?" Masky asked, sounding rather confused. I turned to looked at the tall guy too, wanting an answer as well.

He looked at me and spat out-

She's not special.

She's unlucky.