Introductions

The shot was long enough that I had time to bring up my binoculars to watch the German snipers head fall, A moment later I heard the distant impact.

Pete brought his head away from the stock of his rifle, releasing the rest of his breath.

We all took a moment to let the tension release. I looked at Pete, he glanced through his scope, then gave me a nod, confirming that we were safe. I waved everyone up, with a wave of my hand the whole company stood up, shortly after, a medic jogged over towards Wells, he knelt beside him for a moment, then reached down his tunic and grabbed hold of his dog tags. He jerked his arm and the feeble chain broke. He split the tags, sliding one into the laces of Jame's boot, Then walked back to me and handed me the other tag.

Wells

James B,

231-54-7698

A- Positive

Catholic

I read over the dog tags a few times to let it sink in, he was dead, there was nothing I could do about it. The medics name was Jason Parsons, he looked at me with a sadness in his eyes, he explained to me that the bullet had gone through both of his lungs, there was nothing we could have done, we couldn't have saved him any way it would have turned out.

I walked over to James's body, and laid a wool blanket over his body.

"Sir"

"Sir"

"Captain Tipper"

I turned around slowly, it was Sergeant McCartney from mike platoon, approaching me from his section.

"It's Wells" I sighed "he's one of yours right?"

McCartney shrugged and nodded his head. I tossed him Wells' dog tag and with a clink it landed in his hand, brushing against the buttons on his tunic as they landed.

Sgt Bailey McCartney was a strong young man, rough features. Standing at about 5'10", weighing about 170, his eyes were bore by large sockets, and dark hair made his appearance quite intimidating. He was of Romanian descent, though he could pass for a native. He carried an M1 Garand

I had known Bailey for quite a long time, we attended the same high school back home, we grew up knowing each other quite well, then when the war broke out we joined on the same day, along with a few other friends from our group.

Haeden Mckenna was another of our group that joined, Haeden was one of my best friends growing up. Haeden is quite tall, always has been, standing at roughly 6'1" he towers over Bailey and I. Dark curly hair tops his head, and he bore fair features, soft eyes. Haeden is my right hand man, he's the Bravo Company master sergeant. He packed a Thompson submachine gun.

As for myself, my name is Richard, Captain Richard Tipper. I'm the Bravo Company commander, I stand at about 5'10 and about 160 pounds. I also pack a Thompson.

Bravo company is composed of 4 platoons. Mike, November, Oscar and Papa. About 30 people per platoon, each platoon having one sergeant and and a Lieutenant. With the four platoons plus myself and Haeden bravo company was a total of about 130 people.

We have been most recently stationed in a small town in France called LaGuerre, which ironically enough, translates to "the war".

It was a small town with a few surrounding farms. The barn with the sniper was the closest of which, I led a patrol to take out the farm. I took mike platoon with me, we moved up using a hedge as our defilade. That's where this sniper thing started.

"McCartney" I shouted

"Yessir" he replied

"Tell One of your corporals to take three people to go check out the barn, then report back to town"

McCartney turned and walked towards a group of men who were sitting in a group, they stood up when he approached. He spoke briefly, then the men got up and headed down the field.

With that, we packed up and head back into town.