What He Said About You ~ Chapter 6

Philips POV

"I had several meetings with her. Most of them in my own house."

That sentence from The Reynolds Pamphlet stuck in my head for a while.

'Pops, just have an affair with a woman. One that wasn't mom. Here. In this very house.'

I just started to talk to myself.

"Pops, how could you." I whispered to myself. Suddenly, I saw [Y/N] at the door, watching me on the floor, crying, talking to myself.

"You okay?" [Y/N] said walking over to me and sitting next to me.

"N-no. I'm not [Y/N]. I'm not," I told her.

"Pops had an affair with a woman in t-this house. I wish I k-knew about it. We all h-had to be on that stupid v-vacation! If Pops just went with us this w-wouldn't have happened!" I explained to her through my tears and cracking voice.

She hugged me. "I know Philip. I k-know. It wasn't right of h-him. I wish we knew about i-it too." [Y/N] told me crying as well.

"Do you want to be alone?" She asked me.

"No, please. I need you here." I responded.

There was an awkward silence but then Mom walked in.

"Hey lovebirds!" Mom said.

"Mom!" I said through gritted teeth blushing, [Y/N] was blushing too.

"I heard what you two were saying. I understand what your saying but let's just think. Everything's meant to be. That's what I like to think." Mom said walking out.

~Le time skip sponsored by the eye of a hurricane~

July 10th, 1795

Y/N POV

"[Y/N], I have to go find someone, want to come with me?" Philip yelled to me from his room.

"Sure." I yelled back.

We walked out of our rooms and I slipped my hand into his and kissed his cheek.

"Eliza, we'll be back soon!" I told her from the living room.

"Okay, honey! Stay out of trouble!" Eliza said from the kitchen.

"No promises!" I said laughing while walking out with Philip.

"Who do you have to find?" I asked.

"George Eacker. He made a speech last week, our Fourth of July speaker. I want to deal out justice with him." Philip told me.

"As long as it's nothing dangerous. Please don't fight with him, my love. What did he even say? Was it about Alex?" I told him.

"It wasn't about Alex. Don't worry about it. I'll try not to fight with him, [Y/N]." Philip said.

I thanked him as he saw 2 girls and asked for directions.

"Ladies I'm looking for a Mr. George Eacker, made a speech last week, our Fourth of July speaker. He disparaged my girlfriends legacy in front of a crowd. I can't have that I'm making her proud!" He told them as I stood next to him.

"I saw him just up Broadway a couple of blocks, he was going to see a play." The first girl said.

"Well I'll go visit his box." Philip responded.