one

it's windy.

"Hyung," I sob out, "it's done."

A moment of silence and then,

"Good job soldier" came the reply from the other end of the line, it was followed by a deep sigh, "come on home."

I drop the call as my weapon falls from my fingertips hitting the floor of the roof, rattling against the hard ground as tears cascade from my eyes.

"I'm sorry," I say into the wind as my knees hit the cold concrete of the building roof. I reach up to my face to cover my eyes.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry," I repeat over and over again until the air in my lungs is sharp and painful. "I didn't want to kill you, but here I am. Your death on my hands. I've killed before but this... you... you didn't deserve this."

And soon even more tears are falling onto my hands. My clothes. Staining and blurring everything I am and what I used to be.

With tears still flowing down my face, I stand unmoving for a moment, leaning into the darkness and allowing the wind to run its hands through my hair and whisper in my ears that it'll be okay. I know it won't, but maybe if I tell myself that enough times I'll believe it.

I'm so tired of killing

I think to myself as I bend forwards to retrieve my weapon from the concrete of the tall building and disappearing into the night.

____++

okay sooo idk this is just the beginning/chapter one/preview thingy soooo

yeah

let me know how you guys feel about this, because I've been working on this for awhile! feedback is very appreciated! <3