Chapter 26

Davey paced back and forth. He wanted to ask Eponine, but he was so nervous! She was so nice and pretty and smart and...just amazing.

"Davey, get to it!" Jack groaned.

"I'm not like you! I can't just flirt with a girl, or just ask her to the dance! It takes days, even months of mental preparation!" Davey said. Jack sighed.

"You've got this brother. No way she'll turn you down." Jack shove over in Eponine's direction. He then slipped into a corner to watch.

"Eponine! Hi! Hi! Uh hi!" Davey stumbled.

"Uh...hi Davey." Eponine raised an eyebrow. Davey glanced back at Jack, panicked. Jack gave him a pushy, but encouraging look. Davey turned back to Eponine.

"Willyougotothedancewithme?" He blurted, shaking. Jack grinned. Davey was finally stepping out of his comfort zone.

Eponine was shocked. Nobody ever asked her to dances. I mean, she knew Davey, he was her friend. But she never thought of him as anything more. Maybe that's because she was focusing on Marius. Why was she so set on a love that would never happen when someone like Davey was right there?

"Yes! Yes! I'd love to!" She grinned. Davey smiled, and swooped her up in a hug. Eponine giggled.

"Well, I guess we can talk about it later! Start brainstorming costumes!" Davey said, his smile never fading. He flipped around to Jack.

"I just asked a girl to the dance!"

Jack nodded.

"She actually said yes! To me! I'm going to the dance! With a girl!"

Jack laughed. "Yes you are. And so am I!"

Davey gave Jack a hug. "Thank you." he smiled. The two walked to their next class together, while Davey blabbed on about his plans for the night.

• • •

"This meeting of the book club is officially adjourned." Emmett said, shutting his book. He offered his hand to help Elle up out of her chair. Elle hopped up, and the two walked out, arm in arm.

"I wish I could just do everything!" Elle said, as the cheerleaders walked by. "I wish I could be a cheerleader and take lawyer classes and just do everything! I wish I had more time. Don't you?"

Emmett nodded. "Time goes too fast. I can't imagine how much more successful I could be if I could just do more stuff. We barely see each other!"

"Oh, I wish we did see each other more pooh bear." Elle sighed.

"Just know I love you." Emmett smiled. "I'm always here for you."

"Awww, snookums!"

• • •

"Did you hear? There's a ton of new kids in town." Nessa said, wheeling out of the science classroom.

"Who?" Ella asked. As a student body officer, she liked to stay up to date on these things.

"There's a bunch of kids from Russia for one. Natasha, Pierre, Sonya, Mary, Dolokohv, and Anatole. Everybody is crazy in love with this Anatole guy. I think his face is weird. But whatever. And then there's some kids who just moved here from nearby. Evan, Jared, Alana, Connor, and Zoe.  I think Connor and Zoe are siblings."

"Oh! That's quite a few new kids!" Ella said. She pulled out a journal. "What where their names again? I want to make sure I find them. I do this thing where I make little baskets for the new kids. Cookies, candy, and lots of pencils."

"Ella, you're too nice!" Nessa laughed.

"Oh, no such thing!" Ella smiled. "So...are you going to the dance?"

Nessa sighed. "What do you think? I can't exactly dance Ella."

"Sure you can! Please, just come. I'm sure you'll have a wonderful time."

"I've never had a wonderful time before..."

"I guarantee it!" Ella smiled. "I am going to do everything in my power to make homecoming the best night of your life."

• • •

"Okay. So, project Silent is on. Nobody will talk to, look at, or acknowledge Heather Chandler. Spread the news." Alex said. The sisters, and Alex's buddies nodded.

"So we just pretend she isn't there?" Lafayette asked.

"Exactly. And make sure nobody tells her, or we're doomed." Alex responded. "Let's go."

• • •

[ Wow, long time no see! Sorry for not updating! Here's a cute little fluffy chapter. Thank you for reading! ]