He's Nice To Me | Gaston

here's a gaston x reader :-) he's always been my favorite villain & batb character

dedicated to blueeyedpanther, _Yugen, and everyone else who wanted me to write these.

//

With a skip in your step, you pulled your rose pink dress over your head. It slipped over you, every stitch on the inside scratching at her soft skin. It was messily stitched by your father. He never had the skills of a mother, and neither do you.

You rushed out of your bedroom, loudly clomping your bare feet on the steps. Your father glanced up from his breakfast; burned toast and overdone eggs. You grinned as you skipped to the table, grabbing a slice of crispy, black bread off of his plate.

"Kept the bread on the fire too long again, huh, Papa?" you said, laughing softly.

He chuckled. "Yes, well. You know I've never had the professional touch of a baker."

"Neither have I," you said, chewing through the crunchy, black crust. You swallowed fast and then poured yourself a small glass of milk. "Well, Papa - I'm off on an adventure of sorts today."

"I was wondering why you were so happy today," he said. "Where you off to?"

"I'll be with Gaston," you said, and your smile grew with excitement. "He's taking me hunting with him."

The bread slipped out of your father's hand. "Hunting?" he asked. "With Gaston? Why, that's the least ladylike thing you could do-"

"I think I'm plenty ladylike, Papa. You've taught me to be very polite. Besides, what's a little bit of hunting going to change? I'm still the same girl. Gaston has offered to teach me a very useful skill."

"Useful?" he scoffed. "___, husbands should do the hunting, the farming, the working! Wives should be taking care of their children, cooking and cleaning!"

You sighed. "Papa, what's so wrong about husband and wife doing one thing together? Marriage is meant for a team of two. You should work together with your spouse."

He grimaced. "And so you want your partner to be Gaston, I'm guessing?"

You blushed and ducked your head. It was true that you found him attractive. Just about every girl in the village did. But you also liked other aspects of him. He was funny without even trying, charming, strong, and brave.

"Um, well..."

"He's not a good match for you," he said. "That Gaston... he is... barbaric."

"Barbaric?" you asked, looking at your father in mute disappointment. "Why, you've seen our interactions in the village, Papa. He's not barbaric at all. He is nice to me."

Your father sighed. "I just want the best for you, my dear," he said. "And Gaston is not marriage material."

"Then you should accept that I'm learning these things," you said. "One day it will just be me here, Papa, and I don't want to be like Agathe." You put down your glass and slipped on your boots. "I'll be going now, Papa. I'll be back before dark."

You left, saying that you loved him over your shoulder. You shut the door, walking down the couple of porch steps that ended on the cobblestone road. The morning sun made your face glisten in a light sheet of sweat. You smiled.

Gaston would meet you by the stables where he kept his horse. He would supply you with a musket and a ride to the forest. You had been giddy with excitement since he invited you.