If Only (part two) | Gaston

I'm loving how much you guys love my Gaston updates + I love you all too!!!!

//

Belle had declined Gaston's proposal. It did not surprise you or LeFou, but it was certainly shocking to Gaston. In fact, it left him mopey and depressed all night in the tavern - the place where he was usually his usual, boastful self.

It was pathetic.

But, as Gaston's best friends, it was yours and LeFou's job to cheer him up. You kneeled at the side of his chair, rubbing his shoulder. Gaston eyed you suspiciously under LeFou began to sing.

"Gosh it disturbs me to see you, Gaston, looking so down in the dumps. Every guy here'd love to be you, Gaston! Even when taking your lumps. There's no man in town half as admired as you, your everyone's favorite guy! Everyone's awed and inspired by you - and it's not very hard to see why!"

LeFou dropped a couple of coins in the hands of a woman, and then a band began to play to the tune of what he sang.

LeFou cheerfully stepped up on a table. "No... one's... slick as Gaston, no one's quick as Gaston! No one's next as incredibly thick as Gaston! For there's no man in town half as manly!"

The three swooners eagerly shot up, blinking flirtatiously as they gazed at the man they adored. "Perfect! A pure paragon!"

He smiked. You looked at him, catching his eye. Anytime the swooners would attempt to win his heart, you would give him a look. It always made him chuckle.

LeFou made his way to the bar. "You can ask any Tom, Dick, or Stanley, and they'll tell you whose team they prefer to be on! Who... plays..." He silently urged them to go on.

"Darts like Gaston!" they exclaimed, raising their mugs.

"Who breaks..."

"Hearts like Gaston!"

You grabbed his hand and stood. He watched you as you urged him to get up, a smile on your face. He shook his head and waved you off until you pouted.

"Who's much more than the some of his parts like Gaston?"

Gaston rolled his eyes. "As a specimen, yes, I'm intimidating."

You beamed, seeing a twinkle of spirit back in his eyes. You clapped your hand together. "My, what a guy, that Gaston!"

He stood up from his seat. Your heart fluttered as his arm enveloped you, pulling your back to his chest. He pulled LeFou in with his other arm.

"I needed encouragement, thank you, LeFou!"

"Well, there's no one as easy to bolster as you!" he exclaimed, falling into Gaston's hug. He paused, wincing slightly. "Too much?"

"Yup."

You and your two best friends lightly stepped across the tavern. LeFou and Gaston leapt on tables and benches in time with the music.

"No one fights like Gaston! Douses lights like Gaston!"

LeFou lifted his shirt. "In a wrestling match, nobody bites like Gaston!"

Gaston knelt on the table and pretended to hold a gun in his hands. "When I hunt, I sneak up with my quiver... and beasts on the fields say a prayer. First I carefully aim for the liver..." He pretended to shoot LeFou. "Then I shoot from behind!"

"Is that fair?"

He stood up straight and shrugged. "I don't care."

"No one hits like Gaston! Matches wits like Gaston!"