selection: prologue

the bright lighting of my computer screen illuminated the room, causing my light azure eyes to squint down, making it hard for me to be able to see what i was doing.

"homeworld" read the browser as my optics searched through the google page. i was looking for a unique rpg game, and this seemed to fit the standard i was searching for. my mouse clicked as the cursor loomed over the title, sending me to a mystical page with beautiful pastel backgrounds and simple design. it seemed to have a nice aesthetic, which attracted me even more to the game.

login  or  sign-up

the website showed, and my cursor stopped at the sign-up link. username. this is a game about gems isn't it? my name is pearl... that might fit. i might go for something easier instead, though. my mind asked to myself, as i typed in the username "luminescence." the game said it was lead by The Great Diamond Authority, which was white diamond, blue diamond, yellow diamond, and pink diamond, so i might as well be a white pearl, right?

• username available!

i continued to create my account, designing my gem and her personality. she fit me perfectly, even oddly, her appearance. a short pointed bob, pointed, long nose, and thin lips. her hair was a sandy blonde, and there was a bright pearl placed atop her forehead. she was wearing a turquoise tank top, with the shortest skirt imaginable, along with a long ribbon wrapped around her waist. under her skirt were some yellow, long shorts, and she wore nearly transparent pink socks along with turquoise flats. her weapon was a spear with a unique twirling pattern.

sign-up!

i clicked this link, which loaded a screen with a bright yellow star as i waited for the server to load in. my character was placed in a large, castle-like structure on an odd alien planet, much different from earth, the planet i lived on as a human. it had interesting technology and architecture. it was organized and aesthetically pleasing.

"being tested for a diamond..." the screen said before i even had a chance to walk around. as it loaded, the server i joined had many other unique pearls, probably with different personalities fitting to the diamonds. four pearls had been chosen by the diamonds, which included me, a blue pearl, a pink pearl, and a yellow pearl. they were all quite beautiful and unique, and probably were perfect fits for the diamonds of similar color.

luminescence: you have been selected for white diamond!
pcstel: you have been selected for pink diamond!
illuminated: you have been selected for yellow diamond!
teardrops: you have been selected for blue diamond!

all the choices were quite obvious, being all the pearls would probably get along quite well with their superiors. they each had similar personalities to the rulers, which oddly, the highest diamond, fit me. the pearls also had the same gem placement as the diamonds that they were "owned" by, and similar appearances.

pink diamond had a sharp, short, bob-like hairstyle, which pointed in the top. pink pearl had a sharp bob, but they pointed at each side instead. white diamond had a similar hairstyle to pink, and i had a bob-like hairstyle which pointed in the back. yellow diamond had odd square shaped pieces along the sides of her face, and her hair pointed at the top, which made her hair look almost like a helmet. her pearls hair was pointed at the top as well, but instead with pointed pieces along the sides. blue had long, straight hair with long bangs, and her pearl had a long bob with bangs covering her eyes.

this game already had me sucked into the screen, making everything else from the real world disappear. it was oddly the best plot i'd ever heard of, and the most interesting by far.

"hello." i spoke into my microphone as i greeted the other pearls. my eyelids began to droop and i faded in and out of consciousness. thinking i would fall asleep on my computer, i logged off, turned off the computer monitor, curled myself into my bedsheets, and drifted into a world of lovely dreams.

◌◈◌

really short  whoops but i'll be updating this as soon as possible. if you haven't noticed already, the story is in pearl's POV. anyways, thanks for reading!

word count: 741