Prolouge

It was a wonderful afternoon at the RM Café. The café was filled with customers with huge smiles and minds filled with happy thoughts. It was just an ordinary day at the Café when a plate scattered into pieces.

It was Jimin's second week in the cafe. It was the first job he had after he decided to settle in Ilsan. A job as a dish washer was all he can do since he has no educational background due to not being able to attend school.

His family was poor. His mother worked 2 jobs while his father was a farmer. Both incomes we're too small for them to afford Jimin's educational fees so they decided not to let Jimin attend school.

When Jimin was 16, both of his parents died due to accidents that occurred during their work hours. Jimin didn't have any family with him so he was sent to the orphanage and escaped when he was 18.

"PARK! YOU BROKE ANOTHER PLATE YET AGAIN!" yelled his boss as Jimin picked up the pieces of the broken plate.

"I'm sorry, Mr. Lee. I promise that it will never happen again" said Jimin then he bowed before him.

"Avoid breaking, Park. If you break another one in this kitchen, consider yourself fired" said Mr. Lee then he walked out of the kitchen.

Jimin sighed as he scratched the back of his head.

Working as a dish washer was just enough to pay the rent and buy himself ramen for breakfast, lunch and dinner. It was all he could afford after running away.

Jimin never had friends. He wanted one but there was something that was stopping him from having one. But that all changed when he went to Ilsan and met Kim Taehyung.

Kim Taehyung was his next door neighbor. He would sometimes visit Jimin and give him food. He was even nice enough to let Jimin wear his clothes. It was nice having a friend like Taehyung. He would sometimes spend time with Jimin even though Taehyung's parents don't want him too.

Jimin's shift was almost over when Taehyung walked inside the café.

"Is Park Jimin here?" asked Taehyung.

"Yeah, he's just finishing up some plates. I'll call him for you" said the man behind the counter. He took his apron off and walked inside the kitchen.

Jimin then walked out of the kitchen after a minute and smiled when he saw Taehyung sitting in the corner of the café.

"Hey" said Jimin.

"Is your shift done?" asked Taehyung.

Jimin nodded.

"Let's go then" said Taehyung then they walked out of the café and into the crowded streets.

"Have you eaten dinner yet, hyung?" asked Taehyung as they walked towards their apartment building.

"I have, don't worry" said Jimin. He was obviously lying. Since Jimin broke 3 plates in the café, Mr. Lee didn't give him even a single bread.

"Are you sure? Mom said that she cooked meatloaf today. I'll bring some to your apartment later" said Taehyung.

"You don't need too, Tae. Your mom might scold you again if you do" said Jimin.

"But hyung—"

"Don't. I'm okay" said Jimin with a reassuring smile.

Taehyung sighed.

"If you say so" said Taehyung.

Jimin walked inside his apartment and saw that it was too dark. He opened the light and almost had a heart attack when he saw someone inside his living room.