Breakers: Chapter 171 -180

Chapter 171 – Chapter 34: Gathering

A thousand years ago, there had been a big fight. No matter how good the fight was, the result didn't necessarily benefit them.

'No, as a matter of fact, it was our defeat.'

The Great Enkidu remembered that day. It was an unforgettable day.

Enkidu had taken down Famine. He had smashed that lowly rat, but Famine wasn't destroyed. Enkidu succeeded in hitting his essence, but that was all. The rat had lost his power and ran away.

Guardian Queian had fought against Death, but he hadn't won either. Both Death and Queian had suffered critical damage.

The Cruel Talia had struggled as well. If only her opponent hadn't been the hateful War... She would have won if it had been against Famine or Death. However, her opponent had been War. The most brutal one among the four riders had overwhelmed Talias. If the 'event' had occurred a little later, Talia would have died.

The Recorder Torres had caused the incident. So, Enkidu didn't know what Ainkel's soul and Torres did. The result was what had been witnessed.

Conquest and Torres destroyed each other. However, Enkidu, who dealt with the power of destruction, was able to see it. Conquest's and Torres' forms of destruction were different in nature. The destruction of Conquest was destruction for renewal. Torres had attempted to break Conquest and let her be reborn again, away from the other riders.

The idea was absurd, but the plan was partially successful. He didn't know if Conquest was truly liberated, but it seemed like it.

'Silly bastard. Stupid bastard.'

The price was too big. Ainkel's soul, which remained beside Torres, disappeared. Her soul was lost forever.

Torres' case was even worse. He had been destroyed. His essence itself was broken and scattered across the world. Queian couldn't accept Torres' ruin, but that was just desperation. Torres had died. No, it was more than death.

After that, it was chaos. He fought against the raging War. Death and Queian destroyed each other's essences. Enkidu couldn't remember the end of the fight clearly. He had been exhausted at the end of a long battle, and when he recovered his spirit, everything was over.

Then Enkidu realized... The Four Riders of the Apocalypse and the elder dragons had been destroyed. Since that day 1,000 years ago, both could no longer exist in the world like they done in the past.

However, the fight wasn't finished. It was just delayed.

Talia had escaped in a weakened state and fallen asleep. Enkidu himself had gone into a deep sleep. Queian had said before he fell asleep that after waking up, the fight wouldn't be a direct confrontation between the Four Riders of the Apocalypse and the elder dragons.

The ones who would decide the fate of the world would be the four knights selected by the riders and the dragon warriors with the power of the elder dragons.

Dragon Warrior... One who received strength from the elder dragons...

'I will reproduce the first dragon warrior... Drakon Kechatulla.'

These were the last words Queian left behind.

Drakon Kechatulla had been the strongest dragon warrior who preceded the elder dragons, and he had played a decisive role in defeating the Red Dragon of the Apocalypse. 10,000 years ago, when the red dragon and the older elder dragons had been annihilated, he had died as well. However, his blood was still being transmitted through one species.