|1|

Chapter 1| Jhené

"Lila, pass me the blunt." She rolled eyes and handed it to me and a I took a whiff. "Go in there hoe, we don't have all day!" She hollered while yanking the blunt out my hands. I flipped my hoody up on my head and  grabbed the black duffle bag.

"Alright, damn."

I got out the car and walked into the convenient store. I casually looked around, and no one was there, aside from the cashier. I grab a few snacks, and head to the register.

Placing my items on the counter, I slid my gun out from my pocket.

"That would be $4.50" He said.

"Give me all the damn money, and I won't hurt you, got it?" I said through my gritted teeth, with my empty pistol pointing towards the man.

Frantically, the man handed me everything and shoved it in my bag. Hurriedly, I walk out and hop into Lila's car. "You're a bad ass J" Lila said impressed, as she pulled off.

"Yeah don't mention it. But for real Lila dye your hair red again, you look like a damn blue berry."

She rolled her eyes.

" Where to now?" I questioned, while sliding off my hoody.

"I'm taking you home."

"What home? I don't have one Lila." I looked at her, almost pleading that she takes me and Namiko with her.

"I'm really sorry, but you know if I give Quincy something tonight he'll pay me. You're not the only one trying to get out of this small ass town J."

She pulls up to the apartment complex, and smiles. " You keep the money J, you need it more than I do. I have my ways on getting on my own."

"Lila I have to split-"

"No really, it's yours. This trap music is gonna get me somewhere one day Jhené. Now get your ass in there before your dad goes crazy and shit" She said, while rushing me out the car.

"Thank you."

I got out the car and she pulled off. I sighed walking into the building. It wasn't safe being outside the complex this late. Two doors down, was where I stayed.

...but where I wished I hadn't.

"Dad?" I creaked the door open. I closed the door behind me as I entered the house. He was sitting in his chair drinking.

"Come here."

I placed my duffle bag in front of the door and walked towards him. "Where da fuck was you at Jhené?" He yelled, drifting his attention from the T.V.

"It doesn't matter."

I squeaked at the harsh pain, as my father gripped my arm tightly and glared intensely at me.

"I was out" I muttered through gritted teeth.

He released his grip, "this house don't get clean by itself. Next time you ain't back, I'm beating the shit outta you."

His breath reeked of liquor, which wasn't a surprise. He's been drinking since I was little. I backed away slowly and headed towards my bag, and carried it to my room.

I opened a cabinet in my closet, that I use to stash my cash, only to see Namiko my little sister sitting in there. "Boo, why aren't you in bed" I sad while kneeling in front of the cabinet.

She shrugged her shoulders, "cuz I was scared of Daddy" She whispered. "He was screaming at me."

"No, no, no Boo" I grabbed her hand, and pulled her on my lap. "One day I'll get you out of here, okay" I assured her as I gently massaged her back.

"Okay J"

"Now, get your tail in the bed so I can take you to Lila in the morning."
                         ~•~•~•~•~•~•~