Chapter 2

They were running. They were running for survival. Running through the dark forest, trying to find light, trying to escape the dark. Jai grabbed his brother's hand tightly and ran faster. They ran through the endless darkness. Suddenly Luke let go of Jai's hand and collapsed. Jai leaned down screaming his name. He tried to pick him up, but he was too heavy. He tried to touch his heart to see if it was beating but his hand went right through his chest and out the other way. He couldn't save him. He just couldn't. He then felt a hand grabbing his shoulder and pulling him back fiercely.

Jai opened his eyes and looked around. He was panting. He touched his forehead and felt sweat all over. He looked at the clock. 3:23am. He then looked beside him. Luke wasn't there. He jumped out of bed, his heart racing like a horse. He ran to Luke's room. Luke was calmly sleeping in his bed. Jai let out a deep sigh. He walked next to him and sat beside him. He softly touched his face.

"Mmh.. Jai..." Luke mumbled.

"Yes Luke, it's me. Sorry I woke you up. Go back to sleep." Jai made a move to get up, but he felt Luke's hand grab him and pull him under the covers with him. He gave in and wrapped his arms around his brother tightly.

"Jai... I can't breathe" Luke said.

"Good 'cause your breath smells" Jai teased his twin. He knew Luke hated it when people said his breath smelled.

"Just kidding. It doesn't smell, I'm just making fun of you" Jai said, as he loosened his grip on his brother.

"Very funny" Luke said sarcastically and closed his eyes again to sleep.

"I love you Luke." Jai whispered softly.

"Love you to little brother" Luke answered smiling.

"Hey we're twins! And I'm not little!" Jai complained.

"I'm obviously older than you. Remember that I'm 2 minutes older?" Luke said.

"But still..." Jai tried to find something to say but failed.

"Go to sleep, little boy" Luke mocked.

"Oh, Shut up!" Jai said playfully, kissing his brother's temple. Luke smiled again and both of them closed their eyes to sleep.

You see, these kind of small talks were so simple yet so important for the two of them.

A/N: This was way too short. Sorry guys. I don't have much time.