One - Bronwyn

"Where are you heading to?", I asked curiously. Natarius lighted his cigarette and looked out of the window. "I don't know, my love.", he said in his dark mysterious voice. He was sitting on the windowsill with his legs hanging down. I didn't know, how he could not be scared. The height was gigantic.

He glanced at my body and then looked in my eyes: "You tell me. Where should I go? A man, who is not welcome anywhere, where should he feel at home?"

I felt a little heartbroken by his words. "But you're welcome here, Nate. You know I love you.", I said, removing a strand of hair out of my face and smiling softly at him.

He climbed off the sill and took my chin between his thumb and pointer. "Oh Brownwyn", he said and kissed me with his soft lips, "You know nothing."

Natarius harshly moved away his hand and then climbed on the window sill, kneeling. He gave me a last gaze in my eyes and jumped out of the window.

Oh Natarius, why would you say that?, I asked myself. He knew he was hurting me, that I was already broken. One moment he was gluing my broken pieces together, another one he was braking them into new ones.

Wiping away my tears I got out of my bed and put on some clothes. An old dress Lilith bought me when she was still alive.
Ugh Lilith, why did you leave me? Why did everyone I love hurt me?

Slowly I got on the window sill. I could raise my hand and still couldn't touch the top of the huge window.

I realized how appalling my life was. With Lilith gone and Natarius using me I had nobody. I could just... fall. I spread my arms and stepped forward. My dress was flying from the blowing wind. Anybody beneath me could probably see my underwear. Was anybody even down there? I looked down and immediately regretted my decision. The height was scaring. My heart was pounding harder and faster and my legs could not hold me anymore. I was loosing consciousness. I would fall. And I would die.

"Doesn't matter. Natarius doesn't love me.", I said and prepared to fall into my doom. Instead I fell into warm arms.

Still, I lost consciousness and everything went black.
Thanks to the man who saved me. 

He would soon become the one I loved and cherished.