Bloody Mary History

(I got this from a friend)

According to the legend, you have to stand in the bathroom, with one candle lit and say "Bloody Mary" into the mirror three times in a row. It is only the bravest of children who would attempt to do this, because the story says it will summon a ghost.

If you see her ghostly face in the mirror, it could have one of the following terrible consequences:

1. Your eyes being ripped out and your face horrible scarred

2. Being found dead with claw marks all over your face and body

3. Disappearing mysteriously and ending up trapped in the mirror with the ghost for eternity.

You could also be driven insane or drop dead on the spot

Bloody Mary Legend

The history of the chanting game is based on mixed up legends and history that, over the years, have become the main basis for the story surrounding the urban legend.

The most common story told is that Bloody Mary was a witch that lived over 100 years ago who dabbled in the black arts. She was found out and executed.

The second story is more modern. A local woman was involved in a fatal car accident, and her face was horribly scarred before she died. She reappears in the mirror when summoned with that same horrific face.

There is another suggestion that the name 'Mary Worth' was derived from a victim of the Salem witch trials.

The fourth story is that bloody Mary is based on a historical figure Queen Mary I of England.

Mary Worth

They say that Mary Worth was a witch who lived in Chicago around the time of the civil war. She used to catch runaway slaves and keep them chained up in her barn. Then, she would use them in her diabolical black magic rituals. Eventually, the locals took the law into their own hands and burned Mary Worth at the stake. Her charred remains were supposedly buried in ST Patrick's Cemetery.

Mary Worthington

They say that, in the 1960's, there was a beautiful girl named Mary Worthington who was very vain. She loved to look at her reflection in the mirror. One day she was involved in a terrible car accident and her face was horribly disfigured. No one could bear to look at her. She couldn't even stand to look at herself. One day, when she accidentally caught a glimpse of her reflection in the mirror, she committed suicide

Mary Whales

Mary Whales was a young woman who was run over by a truck and killed while she was waiting on a street corner. Her face was horribly mangled in the accident. To summon her, you say " I believe in you, Mary Whales"

- Dana💜