Chapter 7

JACK JOHNSON'S POV:

We were all just chilling in Jack, Allison, Matt, and my room with the rest of the Magcon people. We had decided to have a MACK Girls pajama party. It was where everyone wore pajamas, we watched the cheesiest movies, and did all the stereotypical sleepover things, while making fun of how stupid and stereotypical everything we were doing was. It was probably one of the best sleepovers I've been to. With some of the coolest people I've ever had the privilege to hang out with.

In all honesty, even though Matt wasn't thrilled about having the MACK Girls on tour, I thought it was great. Their videos were hilarious and they had the most subscribers and followers out of all of us. I was actually a fanboy when it came to the MACK Girls. Not a hardcore one or anything though. I just followed them on Twitter, Vine, YouTube, and Instagram. And I watched pretty much all their videos. Allison was already one of my best friends and I had only met her about five hours ago. I guess the MACK Girls' videos portrayed her perfectly. She just had the type of personality that made her absolutely adorable and lovable. Plus, she lived to talk and so you learned a lot about her in a short amount of time and she wanted to learn about everyone else around her. She was bubbly and friendly and I felt like I could trust her right away. I also felt very protective of her. We had a brother-sister relationship. And I knew that shit was about to go down as soon as Matt chose Als in truth or dare. I knew I should probably do something to stop the two of them, but I didn't want the guys saying I was a wuss. I just didn't expect the awkward argument that Matt and Als had that followed.

I swear, after Matt said his last insult to Allison, I could tell she was out for blood. Luckily, I was able to restrain her and calm her down. I didn't know what had gotten into Matt lately, but whatever it was, I didn't like it.

We all finally decided to call it a night at 4:30, due to the fact that we had a meeting with Bart at 8. We all woke up at 7, deciding the order of us getting ready and showering and getting dressed. We were all ready to go by 8:05, meaning we would only be late by 5 minutes, which was some kind of record for us. Well, all of us except Matt and Als. So we yelled at them to just meet us down there. The rest of us crammed ourselves into the elevator, and rose down to the lobby to wait for the two of them to get down here so we could start the meeting.

Five minutes later we heard that an elevator had stopped working and a couple people were trapped inside. Bart wanted someone to go tell Matt and Als to hurry up and to take the stairs, so I volunteered. But when it got up to the room, no one was in there. I texted and called both of them, but they didn't answer. Then I realized something. They were probably the two people trapped in the elevator. Oh dear Lord, they were going to en up killing each other.

ALLISON'S POV:
Great. The elevator stopped. We are now late for our meeting, and trapped. This day is just getting better and better. I had been shouting for help for the past five minutes but I was getting tired, so I quieted down. I soon noticed the silence that followed. Matthew and I had been whisper-arguing with each other and then I had been shouting for help, but now there was no noise except for our breathing and no light. Plus, I couldn't find Matthew in the dark. I turned on the flashlight on my iPhone and shined it where Matthew had been. He was leaning up against the wall, and looked somewhat terrified and vulnerable. He then proceeded to slide himself into a sitting position, still keeping himself pressed against the wall. I slowly walked over sat down next to him.

"What's wrong with you?" I asked.

"I don't do well with being in small spaces, okay? Leave me alone."

"No."

"What do you mean "no"? Oh, I see. Okay, laugh away at my stupid fear."

"I'm not going to laugh at you. What I meant when I said no was that I'm not leaving you alone. I used to be scared of practically everything as a little kid. And even though I said I wanted everyone to leave me alone, I really wanted someone that wouldn't judge me and would just be there with me to help me get through whatever the situation was."

Then, I did the unthinkable. I slowly reached over and hugged him, fully expecting him to push me away. I was surprised when he ended up wrapping his arms around me and pulling me so that I was sitting on his lap.

"How is this helping with your fear of being in confined spaces? Because last I checked, having a person crushing you makes the space seem a little smaller," I said jokingly.

"First of all, you aren't crushing me. And secondly, I don't know. I don't know why, but even though I've been a jerk to you, the fact that you care enough to see if I'm alright just makes me feel like I need you to be close to me and somehow, it's calming me down."

"Oh. Okay. Just take deep breaths. We'll be fine. I'm sure someone has noticed that the elevator stopped working and went to get help. I mean, I did scream and shout for about five or ten minutes. All we have to do is sit and wait."

So we sit like that, the two of us hugging, for over an hour. Finally, the elevator lights come on and the elevator starts slowly descending again. As soon as the movement begins, Matthew shoves me off of himself and stands up, glaring at me.

"You tell anybody about this, you'll die. Understand, Princess?"

Most girls would probably kill to have Matthew call them 'princess', but he said the word with so much venom and sarcasm that I felt the sudden urge to smack him. It was clear that he gave me the nickname to belittle me while making us still seem like we didn't hate each other. But he couldn't just give me a break? I mean, come on! I just kept him from having a major panic attack! Heck, I just hugged him and didn't say one mean thing while he was freaking out! I really really really wanted to smack him. But I knew that I couldn't do that since we were in a public place, and I couldn't risk getting Claire and I kicked out of Magcon. So I went with the next best option I had: sarcasm and teasing him.

"Got it, BABE," I said, putting emphasis on his new 'couple' nickname. "But, are you sure you don't want me to call your mommy? I'm sure she'd come right away if I told her you missed you blankie too much."

Right then, the elevator doors opened and Matt grasped my hand and smiled down at me.

"What the hell do you think you're doing, Espinosa? I'll give you 5 seconds to let go of my hand and-"

MATTHEW'S POV:
So I stooped to a new low when we were trapped in the elevator. I hugged her. I cannot believe I voluntarily hugged the devil's child, Allison Morgen. But, the worst part wasn't the hug, it was that she was able to make me feel better and not have a complete panic attack. I finally came to my senses though. When the elevator started moving again, I shoved her off me and jumped up off the ground.

"You tell anybody about this, you'll die. Understand, Princess?"

I still couldn't believe Bart was forcing us to fake date. Allison and I can't be within 20 feet of each other without being at each other's throats, and I'm sorry, but there is no way you can spin two people slapping and shoving each other while trading insults as them being 'in love'. So, I attached the most demeaning and sadly most romantic nickname I could think up to Allison, but I put enough hatred in my words that my message got across. The message being that I hated her and the situation we were both stuck in. A situation which I felt was completely and utterly her fault.

"Got it, BABE. But, are you sure you don't want me to call your mommy? I'm sure she'd come right away if I told her you missed your blankie too much." She put on an innocent facial expression, but I could see the mischief and hatred in her eyes. She would never have a good poker face. Those beautiful brown eyes would give away her thoughts in a second. Wait! Her eyes aren't beautiful, STOP THINKING THAT, MATT!

I could tell we were both still pissed off at each other, but the elevator doors opened and I remembered what Bart told us about being a convincing couple, so I grabbed her hand and smiled at her in what I hoped was an adoring look. We just needed to make it look like we were really close friends right now, and make sure there were rumors swirling about us dating by the time we admitted to being a couple a week later. But, after I grabbed her hand, she glared up at me.

" What the hell do you think you're doing, Espinosa? I'll give you 5 seconds to let go of my hand and-"

I knew I needed to shut her up since there were fans and people watching our every move, so I did the only thing I could think of doing to keep her quiet and to make us look like we didn't hate each other. I pressed my lips to hers and kissed her, praying that she wouldn't slap me.