T E N

The next day, things seemed to only get better. You and Pearl had finished training, and your hair was a mess, along with your energy. Gems didn't need sleep, but, you chose to, anyway. Before you slept, Pearl would always tell you a story - a story way better than any mom-like figure could tell. These stories were real. Very real. The last one she told you was when Greg tried to fuse with Rose, and how the anger just boiled up in her. You laughed when she explained how Rose's laugh echoed throughout the area.

"Ah, well, training's been hard today. Do you want to hear another story, y/n?" Pearl asked you, wiping a bead of sweat from around her gem. You smiled, raising your eyebrows excitedly.

"Yes!" you exclaimed.

"Alright, so-"

"No, I want to chose the category this time, Pearl." you cut her off, giggling. Pearl rolled her eyes and smiled at you.

"Alright, alright. What's it gonna be?" Pearl questioned softly. You looked down at your bruised hands, and chuckled slightly.

"Fusion. Anything you can think of fusion-wise." you told her, giving her a hopeful look. Pearl looked up at the starry sky, and laughed breathlessly.

"Ah, Okay." she sighed. "I once fused with Rose. We were at one of Greg's little, ehm... Gigs. We got it all on tape." Pearl said, smiling as her eyes shines in the darkness. You "oohed", and poked Pearl's arm annoyingly.

"Ooh! Show me the tape! Show me!" you shouted happily, as Pearl laughed.

"Okay, okay... I'll show you the tape. Let me get it." Pear assured you.

Once Pearl had came back with Steven's phone, mumbling unheard complaints, she finally stopped grumbling, and smiled at the technology.

"Yay!" you yelled, happy that she was back. Pearl sat next to you, bringing up the video.

"Here. Steven took a recording of the tape from Greg's television." Pearl explained, not really needing to. You rolled your eyes.

"Okay, alright! Now, just show me already!" you tried to sound tough, failing. Pearl just giggled and played the video, acting not to feel flattered at your amazement. You watched in awe as the fusion dance happened, and the massive, white-pink glow occurred between the two gems. The fusion appeared, showing herself off to Greg, looking proud. The fusion undid itself, Pearl dropping the microphone boastfully. Then, the recording stopped. Your pupils turned into stars at Pearl's smile, and you shook her arms.

"O-okay, okay, st-stop shaking me!" Pearl exclaimed.

"But, Pearl, that was amazing!!" you replied loudly, shutting your eyes in a corny smile. Pearl finally got you to stop shaking her, and you sighed, chuckling shortly after. The two of you burst into laughter, holding your bellies.

"Haha! Ohh, y/n, you're so interesting." Pearl complimented, causing you two both to stop laughing and smile.

"Y'know what's even weirder about me?" you asked. Pearl raised an eyebrow. "I wanna fuse with someone now." you admitted. Pearl teared up, and smiled excitedly.