No Pain No Gain -Chapter 2-

1 week later...

I woke up at 6 am because someone knocked on my door.

"Miss Abigail Paige, there's a letter for you."

"Thank you, sir, have a nice day."

I did not expect it was from my grandmother! My grandmother had heard the news of me being accepted to be a fighter trainer. I can not wait to open this letter. My grandmother must be very happy.

Then, I took a cup of warm tea, and opened the letter.

***********************************************************************************************

For my dearest granddaughter,

Paige

15 years I take good care of you. I am grateful that you and your uncle are living well despite our shortcomings. Who ever cooked you food when you were a kid? Who ever bathed you as a child? Who ever told you to go to town to become a fighter? That's all I do! My old body is made harder by you. You are a bastard. You're wasting our money to survive in the city. Do not you care about the condition of your grandmother who keeps you in this world? Our small family economy is ruined! Your uncle was chased by 2 Filipinos for gambling debt. You still want to live in the city, survive until the next few years until you debut to be a fighter or do you want to come back here to help me and your uncle? Do not ever call Mr. Bradley Alan again! He is a demon! He is the cause of your poor parents died! He will haunt you and you will be the next victim after your parents! Go home! Or I will come there, to dismiss you.

Sunday, August 14th 2017,

From your grandmother who took care of you in this world.

***********************************************************************************************

My heart stunned. I was very surprised to read this curse letter. I do not expect! I thought my grandmother would be happy. Then I go into my room and cry. I feel helpless in this world. Now I have only two options to live. Be a fighter or take care of the family. I'm confused to choose which one!

Now it's 6:45 am. According to my promise to Mr. Bradley Alan, that today I am officially a fighter trainer, so I have to come to the company every day starting from today. I decided to forget the curse letter from my grandmother. I want to be a fighter! I must succeed! I've come here to be a successful person not to be a downtrodden person.

At the company...

"Abigail Paige."

"Abigail Paige."

"Abigail Paige."

"ABIGAIL PAIGEEEE....!!!!"

"Yes, sir?"

"Do not be stunned. This is your first day as a trainer and you're stunned?! Practice properly! As long as you know, being a fighter is not easy. You have to work well!"

"I'm sorry, sir."

Somehow, I keep thinking about my grandmother's letter. Today I can not focus on the practice. I'm afraid my grandma will come here, embarrass me.

This week, I practice every day as usual and I forget my family in the countryside. I feel there is no one who supports me here. Until one day .. My grandma sent me a letter.

***********************************************************************************************

For my dearest granddaughter,

Paige.

Where have you been?! I waited for you for a week and you have not come yet ?! I will catch up to town. Wait until you see me in your doorway! Your uncle goes to jail. Now, your poor grandmother who lives alone here. See you in town! Look forward to my arrival until all your devil friends bow down in front of me!

Tuesday, August 23rd 2017

From your hapless grandmother who takes care of you in this world.

***********************************************************************************************

Gee! She sent a curse letter again! I can not leave her like this. I went into my room. I decided to write a letter to my grandmother.

***********************************************************************************************

For my grandmother,

Grandmother, I promise to give you a pocket money for you to make yourself well there. Please do not come here. I am okay here. Please stop sending a curse letter! I hate it! You think I have no feelings? I appreciate your hard work to take care of me from childhood. I promise to be a successful person, and I will go home with a lot of money. Do not you feel sorry for me? I consider you as my mother. Lest you think of me as an animal. I am a human! I should not accept a curse! You do not feel sorry for me? Please do not embarrass me.

Tuesday, August 30th 2017.

***********************************************************************************************

I wish my grandmother was aware of what she was doing and stopped sending a curse letter.