28 - "deciding to be spontaneous"

28 | Kai
(^look at mom up there slaying)

As Finley pulls into the parking space I begin to smile, Finley had found out that I had actually not gone out since I'd gotten to college. Actually less like found out and more like was told by Alex whom I'd scolded just minutes after Finley had asked me go to the mall, so here we are now, standing in front of the huge building.

It was mostly made of glass which gets me wondering how on earth such a big building is still standing, until I see how many support beams are inside and the though quickly washes out of my head.

Finley, Alex and I get out of the car, me more reluctantly than them since I have no idea where the hell we actually are, and when we do Finley is quick to link her arm through mine to drag me along with her. My mother had just text me yesterday telling me that she'd transferred my money into my account so I guess there's that, yet I find myself confused as to what exactly she sends it to me for. Food? I honestly can't tell you.

Finley drags me along with her to the entrance of the mall, Alex trailing behind us as she tells us about where we should go first. I don't care where we go but Alex and Finley are having a full blown discussing about which shop they'd like to go to first, they turn to me just when I think they're little argument is over. It's obvious Finley is competitive with Alex because she's not my only friend now, I see the small glares she sends Alex way and smile to myself slightly. It's nice to have friends like this, ones that care enough to feel threatened by other people you befriend.

Finley and Alex are both completely different in both appearance and personality, whereas Finley has bright red hair Alex has soft brown hair that she always keeps just above her shoulder. While Finley had piercing blue eyes Alex has warm brown ones. It's such a weird thing for me to get two friends who both look completely different and are completely different, when I lived with my parents my friends were all the same snobby girls with famous parents that all wore the same thing and acted the same. This, however, is a refreshing change.

They seem to eventually agree on one store because I'm suddenly being dragged towards hot topic, which is a slight surprise considering Alex's closet is filled with bright yellows and pink. I tend to some reason order my clothes online, maybe it's because the store that sells all my favourite stuff is solely an online store but what can I say?

As soon as we walk through the door Finley is dragging me over to their 'very large' selection of black jeans but to me they all look the same, black and made of denim, she lets her eyes drift over the whole table full before picking two that were of her size and if her liking. I look over at Alex to see her sifting through the tops, she doesn't seem too interested which confirms my thought that Finley probably made her come in here.

She does pick up a top, however, it has small yellow and pink butterflies in the corner that spread up the rest of the shirt. Though it doesn't quite seem what she wants so she puts it back before locking eyes with me, a smile pulls her lips up as she starts to walk in my direction.

She stops beside me, linking her arm through mine before we begin to walk to meet Finley.

"This isn't my scene." She admits truthfully and I nod my head knowing,

"I know." I start, "You look so uncomfortable." I giggle slightly and she turns to me, raising her eyebrow slightly,

"Well I don't see you exactly rushing around and stocking yourself up ripped skinny jeans." She fires back, crossing her arms softly against her chest as she turns to me, consequently ending out journey to Finley,

"I prefer skirts." I tell her honestly, shrugging,

"I can tell, but why?" She asks, her question takes me slightly off guard as I've never actually figured out why I preferred skirts and dresses over jeans I just have all my life,

I rack my head for a reply and smirk when one comes to my head, "Easy access."

Her face contorts into a grimace though she can't help the laugh that slips past her lips, "You Kai Herman are absolutely vile."

"I like to think of it more as prepared."

"You would." She says smarty before we begin to slowly walk towards the check out,

"Come on I need new bandana's"

"You'll get more for Christmas."

"How do you know that for sure."

"She gets you then every year."

"Maybe this year she's deciding to be spontaneous."

"Oh how romantic."

"What can I say she's a keeper."

A slight smile washes over my face as I hear the familiar Australian accents, I can faintly see Michaels newly dyed blue hair over the rack of clothes before pointing at them so Alex can see. Alex is slightly taller than me so this was easier for her, Ashton turns the corner before smiling at me.

He runs towards me, engulfing me in an almost bone crushing hug.

"Calm down kangaroo man, you saw me yesterday." I say with a laugh and when we pull away I see him roll his eyes dramatically,

He punches my shoulder softly, "Shut up." He starts, groaning, "Hey are you okay after yesterday." He whispers quietly, pulling me closer by the sleeve of my shirt,

I was having a breakdown yesterday because I had not one clue as to what I'd actually be doing during Christmas break, Ashton came over at that moment looking for Finley but instead found me crying pitifully on my sofa. He comforted me, it was the first time I'd actually realised just why him and Finley were together. He's kind and sweet and just so caring while Finley is rough and uncaring and sarcastic, they perfectly balanced each other out.

He'd reassured me that is figure something out, he didn't press for me to tell him exactly why I was crying he just sat and hugged me until I stopped crying.

I appreciated Ashton, he's too kind for his own good.

I nod softly to tell him I'm alright and at that moment Finley was up to us, spotting Ashton as she does so and a big smile appears on her face as he reaches him. She pulls him into a hug before planting a chaste kiss on his lips.

"Hey." She smiled cuddling into his side,

He wraps his arm around her shoulder, pulling her closer as Michael steps forward with a pair of jeans in his hands.

"Look guys two for one, sweet." He says holding up the jeans,

It's then I see the tall blonde walk out from behind him and my smile drops. He looks tired, as usual, as he searches through the small rack of black shirts. Alex sees what I'm looking at and pulls me away.

"Don't focus on him today. Today we're having fun." She tells me and I nod,

Don't focus on him.

Easier said than done.

* * *
THIS WAS MEANT TO HAVE SOOOOO MUCH MORE IN IT BUT THEN WRITERS BLOCK HIT ME HARD AND I WAS JUST FOCUSING ON GETTING TO THE MIDPOINT OF WHAT YHE CHAPTER WAS MEANT TO BE. THIS IS BASICALLY A PART ONE. BARE WITH ME IM WAITING FOR MY WRITERS BLOCK TO GO AND THEN ILL TRY TO WRITE A LANGER CHAOTER.  ILL STILL TRY AND IPDATE IN TWO DAYS AND IF NOT YOU KNOW YHE ANSWER AS TO WHY.

HAVE A LOVELY DAY/NIGHT/EVENING
BYE X
- KEELY X