Prologue...

*Aiera's P.O.V*
Gosh... A Monday again! God knows I hate Mondays. Wanna know why? Cuz it signifies the beginning of another set of five days in hell with those "mocking jays" at school. I hated going to school. I was always bullied and mocked cuz of my skin colour... Oh sorry guys, I'm Aiera Fausse, dark-skinned South African but always schooled in foreign schools cuz my parents had the means to (no pride involved).
Okay!
I had to face my fears. I bathe, dressed up and got my backpack. I hurrily went down our mighty staircase (no pride involved) and went straight to the kitchen.
"Good morning Momma, good morning Papa." I greeted my parents as I met them at the dining table. I was still 7 by then.
"Good morning my baby. Come here," said my dad as he motioned for me to come sit on his laps. I had always been a daddy's girl but I loved my mum nonetheless. Unfortunately I was an only child. Some may think it's supercool but I get lonely at times.
"Aiera sweetie how are you?" Asked my mum as I settled on my dad. My mum always had the sweetest smile and the most captivating brown eyes. I guess I got my eyes from her.
"Fine thank you Momma."
"Eat up dearie so we can drop you off to school." Said my dad as he added some bacon to my already stuffed mouth. After I finished up we went to our car and Dad dropped me at school.
"Bye baby. Xavier's gonna come pick you up at 2 okay? Love ya."
"Thanks Dad. Love ya mucho more."
With that my dad drove off. Then suddenly realisation hit me. I was at school already. All the love n care in the morning made me forget my fears.
Breathe in, breathe out... I chanted to myself as I stood before the huge mahogany doors. I gulped and walked into the widely open doors.
Classes went on as fast as possible and soon enough it was recreation time. I hated going to the playground cuz of him... Troy McLain. He was literally my tormentor. His crew, Dave Jones, Bradley Klaiy, Marc Gibbs and him, always made my life at school a living hell.
I couldn't stay in class alone so I reluctantly walked towards the playground. Then I saw them... They were bullying a kid off the swing. I was about to make a U-turn when I heard Troy's voice.
"Hey Aiera! Guys look what we have here!"
The rest then diverted their attention from the kid to me, giving him a chance to flee.
Great! I just saved a life. Bless my soul.
"Hey Aiera-Black! I missed you this weekend!" Dave said as they came closer with amused smirks.
"Yeah it was boring not having anyone to tease." Bradley said with a wink.
"Who let the monkeys out?!" Marc sang with the tune of 'who let the dogs out' and the others cued the laughter.
"Gosh Aiera is it even humanly possible for someone to be this ugly and black? Hahaha! Sweet jeez!" Troy said as he came close and touched ma face in a belittling manner. They intensified their laughter and started singing;
U-G-L-Y
You ain't got no other device
You're ugly
Yh yh
You're black
My eyes were already heavy and the tears were threatening to spill out. I couldn't give them that satisfaction of seeing me cry so I turned on my heels n ran to my haven. Taking my usual position in the janitor's closet I brought my knees up to my chest, buried my head in my hands and sobbed... I knew I wasn't supposed to let their words get to me... But I hurt... Real bad... And I cried...
________________________________________________________________________
Hey guys! So this is my first real book on Wattpad cuz I unpublished the others. I know it may be childish or unrealistic but that's what I've got. So please vote, comment and let me know your opinion. Thanks. Keep rocking the free world ✌✌
Lyla Hareca 💖💖