Five: A Push in the Right Direction

|JACI|

Lunchtime had finally come around and I was absolutely clueless to where to sit. My brother always demanded I sit next to him, but there was Terrence his arms wrapped around the same girls waist, holding onto her like she was his lifeline. She sat in his lap kissing down his throat.

Blush consumed my cheeks as became embarrassed thinking back to the other night when I was doing that to him. I couldn’t help but think how much better she probably was at it then I was.

Here I was the silly naive little sister of his best friend thinking she could possibly pleasure a man who had his fair share of interactions with other women.

‘God! I’m such an idiot!’ I thought to myself trying to hold everything together. My wolf was silent on the issue.

The girls’ eyes snapped to me as she continued down his neck. Quickly trying to save some dignity I just turned around to leave the lunchroom, but of course my brother caught me.

“Jacinda! Hey, where you going?” Jaycen yelled out from across the room.

My cheeks reddened, as I knew I couldn’t act like I didn’t hear him, people on the other side of the school probably heard him. I dropped my head into my binder and made my way over trying to hide myself from peoples watching gaze.

Once to the table I took a seat next to Tucker, a pack boy who wasn’t of a special class just knew my brother from lacrosse. On my other side was Riley who was again just a pack boy but he had found his mate, Mia, who right now he was talking to and making giggle.

“Where were you going?” Jay questioned.

I shrugged truly not knowing. “I don’t know.”

Jaycen let it slide but the look on his face shouted that he didn’t believe me.

Not seeing what else to do I pulled out homework I had gotten earlier today and started on it.

“So did you hear Jaddy? You know about Dick searching for you during Ter’s party?” The chick in Terrence’s lap asked looking at me.

I frowned when I saw she was staring at me.

Dick was a womanizer and slept with anything with a skirt and walks. He had his group of buddies as well as the people who hates his guts. My brother and Terrence fell in the ‘gut hating’ category so I was a surprised he was even there.

Terrence’s lips curled back as he almost snarled but a glance shot from the girl in his lap he stopped.

“Shut up, Jessica.” Jaycen snarled at the girl.

Bitterly sweetly Jessica cowered away from him back into Terrence who held her close to him.

My wolf was raging in me yelling that he better get his hands off of her. Her jealousy was like a flying bullet through me and I was trying to restrain her even though I agreed with her.

“Don’t yell at her like that!” Terrence defended suddenly, even though seconds ago he looked like he was about to do the same.

My heart ached as I heard him defend her-this perfect Megan Fox look-a-like with the perfect body, but he wouldn’t defend me, his own mate.

Suddenly I was saved.

“Alpha Jaycen,” the voice acknowledged, then called, “Jacinda, can you come with me for a sec? I gotta talk to you about...stuff.”

Max smiled knowingly down at me and in the moment I was so very grateful for him.

“Yes,” I said a little too quickly gathering my items

Jay growled at the practically mere stranger seeing as he was only in our pack and we never talked to anybody outside Jay’s group. Terrence also growled at him but I didn’t know if it was because he was Jay’s beta and he was to support alpha or if maybe he was a little protective of me.

I told myself and wolf not to get my hopes up once again.

“No you’re not going anywhere with him...yet.” My brother said to me before turning to Max. “What’s you’re name pup?” He questioned.

“Maximilian Hart.”

A smile spread across my lips at hearing him say ‘Maximilian’ even though I’ve known him for all of a day.

“You’re parents are Stephen and Carol, they helped in the Great War against the Fallen and the Blue Crescent.”

My brother was talking about the war a few years back when there was a traitor in our pack named Elliot, who helped his brother Logan, the Alpha of the Fallen pack, and the Blue Crescent pack. We ended up winning but the losses from all the packs were massive.

“Yes they are.” Max confirmed respectfully even though there was a sadness in his eyes.

“Alright, you can go with him, but be back and check in with me before lunch Jaci.” Jay said not looking away from Max.

I quickly pushed away from the table and ran to his side where he graciously took my books despite my protests.

Once far enough away from the table I cried, “I can carry those myself!”

Max shook his head. “Nope, I can do whatever I want seeing as I just saved you back there.”

I snorted very unlady like. “Saved me psh! I was fine without you there.”

He shot me a knowing smile. “Sure you were Jacinda.” He said elongating my name.

“Whatever Maximilian.” I said in deep ‘manly’ voice trying to mimic him.

He gave out a hearty laugh and at first I thought he was going to start but he didn’t and it became contagious.

People gave us funny looks as we walked down the hall laughing like idiots.

Finally I realized I had no clue where we were heading.

“So where are you taking me?” I asked looking around.

“To my car where we can have a hot makeout session.” He said in a cross between a ‘duh’ tone and husky one.

I slowed, becoming nervous and realizing just how bad of an idea it was to come to along with someone I didn’t know.

“I’m kidding Jac, come on I’m taking you to a dinner down the street.” Max said throwing his arm over my shoulder.

“Ahh, I don’t know.” I said still very wary.

“Well I guess you're not getting stuff back.” He sung walking away with my stuff in hand.

I glanced nervously around and saw no one to help me or call for help if this turned into a kidnapping. He was already getting in what was presumably his car so I decided what the heck.