Eleven

If you have nightmares we'll dance on the bed - Jon Bellion - Guillotine

I pushed Andy off of me and shuffled back on the bed. He looked at me expectantly, as if waiting for me to say something.
"Go on... Say something, Kenzie." Andy said. His voice sounded wobbly and like he was about to cry.
"Why did you do that. We barley even know each other. We met like five days ago." I sighed.
"Don't say that." Andy said.
"Why not?" I asked.
"Because we both know that it isn't true." Andy sighed.
"What do you mean?" I asked.
"Don't play dumb." He sighed.
"Andy, I don't know what you mean!" I yelled.
"Yes you do!" Andy shouted. I really don't like shouting. It scares me and makes me panic. I took deep breaths.
"Andy, I truly don't have a clue what you're on about." I sighed.
"The campsite!" Andy yelled.
"What campsite? You keep mentioning a campsite!" I shouted back. I was kind of shocked. I didn't like that I'd shouted. What if I'd made Andy scared?
"Come off it, Kenzie. It may have been a long time ago but you can't have forgotten. You were twelve and I was fourteen. Come on." Andy said. He didn't sound angry anymore. Instead, he sounded desperate and upset.
"Please, Andy. Please stop getting​ angry. I don't know what you mean." I said. I was beginning to cry now. The tears were running down my eyes but Andy didn't seem to care.
"Please just remember me." Andy said. I could see tears forming in his own eyes, now.
"I don't know what you mean." I cried.
"Please! Please remember me, I love you!" He shouted. I shook my head at him.
"I don't remember. I don't remember whatever it is you're trying to get me to remember. For all I know, Andy, you were a stranger until like five days ago. So please stop telling me to remember because I don't!" I shouted.
"Fine then! Look at these!" Andy yelled. He ran into the kitchen and I heard him open the drawers. He came back in and he had about 8 pictures in his hand.
"What are they?" I asked.
"Every year. Every year, Kenzie I went back to our little beach and waited for you but you were never there. So I took a photo of our beach ever year. Incase I ever saw you. Incase you ever remembered. I could say that I'd tried. But you don't remember! Am I that insignificant that it doesn't matter?! That I don't matter?!" Andy shouted. He picked up his phone and then stormed out of the flat.

I remembered. My dream. It... It wasn't a dream at all. It was a memory. The reason why I haven't had it while I've been here must be because I don't need to remember Andy, anymore. He's right here. Was right here. I remember us talking on the way to a tiny bay of sand that we called a beach. I remember him kissing me. I remember him swearing to take me to the end and back. I remember him promising he'd come back.

I threw the pictures on the floor and began crying. I'd finally found someone who really did care about me and I'd thrown it all away. Then I heard the door unlocking. I thought Andy had come back. I wiped my eyes and ran to the door. A boy with black curly hair opened the door. He had a few piercings in his face and I could see a rose tattooed on his arm.
"Hey! You must be Kenzie! Andy's told me all about you. Is Andy in?" He asked.
"No." I said. I didn't want to talk to him as he was a stranger.
"I'm Mikey. I'm in RoadTrip with Andy. Are... Are you ok? You look like you've been crying. Do you need to talk?" Mikey asked.
"I don't... No... I don't need to." I sighed.
"I think you do. I know that you don't know me but hey, I'll listen to anyone if it'll make them happy. So just talk to me. Come on." Mikey said, smiling.
"I don't talk to strangers." I said.
"Not even cool ones?" Mikey asked. That made me smile.
"See! You're smiling. Come on then, tell me what's up." Mikey said.
"I had a fight with Andy and I don't think he likes me anymore and I'm scared because I didn't remember him but now I do and everything's bad and I'm upset and I don't know what to do." I said, all at once. Mikey came over to me and hugged me. I don't like hugs. I'd only just learned to like Andy's hugs but now he's gone. Thinking about Andy again made me feel sick and scared so I screamed. Mikey let go of me and jumped backwards.
"Hey, Kenzie, you alright?" He asked.
"I don't like hugs." I told him.
"That's fine." Mikey said, smiling at me.
"I'm... I'm going out..." I stuttered.
"Do you want my number incase you need anything?" Mikey asked. I nodded and he quickly put his number in my phone. He saved himself as The Cool Stranger👾 and it made me smile. After he'd done that, he handed me my phone and I left the flat. I sat on the swing at the park across the road and I did something that I knew I shouldn't do. I reached for my phone and searched through my contacts. When I arrived on the person I wanted​, I sent him a message. I said:

Dad, I've changed my mind. Meet me at Starbucks in 20 minutes? It's the one on Branchwell Road. Please.

He replied not long after

I have a better idea. There's a pub down on Clifton Street. Go there or I'll never see you again.

You: okay dad... I'll be there. If I can't find it I'll just go to the end and back.

*****************************

Hey guys! I hope you liked this chapter. What do you think of everyone's reactions? Also I wrote Mikey to be how I expect him to be. He's so sweet to everyone and I just love him for it.

ALSO I SEE THE BOYS ON SUNDAY! ANYONE ELSE GOING TO THE BIRMINGHAM SHOW?

Vote+Comment💜

-Emily xx