10

10 | Donny

"Kuy, close pala kayo ni ate Sierra?" I was napping but I heard Sierra's name which made me get up from the sofa.

"Kind of, I spent a lot of time with her because she is my tutor." I responded to Benj's question, I picked up my phone and scroll through my feed.

"All I know is that kuya likes Sierra." Hannah grinned at Benj giving me this 'okay lang kuy bagay naman kayo' look. I feel my cheeks burn a little because of it. I like Sierra and I enjoy those times with her. It's not that I like like her. Or is it just me?

We are down to our last two months of school, I can't believe time flies so fast when you're having fun. After two months, I'm sure my friends and I will separate our ways because we have different dreams and goals in life.

As for Sierra, we became close and I could say, we are friends. I treat her like one of my friends and I'm glad I have her around when I needed someone to talk to, because of her, I improved my grades and now I'm back to the team. Going back to training means a lot to me and I owe a lot to her.

She putted a lot of effort and patience, because she knows how annoying I am. I admit that those times with her were one of the best memories I have in this school year. I regret bullying her back then, I didn't know how hard for her to be left by his dad. She deserves better.

We are gather ourselves in the dining table for dinner, it's nice to see us complete even though we have different schedules especially for Ella and Dad.

"Donny, who are you taking to prom?" mom asks out of the blue which made me choke my food.

"I haven't ask anybody yet." I paused from eating as I said it and continued afterwards.

"Bring your girlfriend." Ella suggests giving me a smile as the rest of the family looked at me confused. I have a girlfriend?

"You have a girlfriend?" dad asked with a surprised look.

I shook my head, "I don't have a girlfriend."

"You have, diba girlfriend mo si Sarah?"

"Ate, it's Sierra." Hannah pokered face which made Benj chuckle.

"Sierra Reyes? She is your girlfriend, Donny?" mom looks intrigued about this topic.

"Ah, one of my scholars?" dad asks to mom then she nodded. I can't keep up with their questions, sobra pa to' sa questions sa ask.fm.

"We are not dating, we're just friends."

"Whatever you say kuy, team Dorra pa rin kami!" Hannah laughs as well as the rest of the family. Team Dorra talaga? Hahaha

After that topic at dinner time, I can't stop thinking who to take to prom. I can go naman without a date, but it's nice to have someone in that very special night. For some people.

-;-

"Bro, Karina said yes! I'm taking her to prom." Vince smirked which made us tease him. We knew he had a crush on her since 8th grade and we're proud of him for asking her to prom.

The rest of the boys also talked about their dates except for me, of course. I haven't thought of asking someone yet.

"How about you Dons?" Tino asked as all of them are staring at me waiting for a respond.

I didn't answer, I never thought they would ask me and they will be intrigued who I am taking to prom.

"I-I don't know, some girl who is in here." I say referring to the sea of girls in the cafeteria.

"What about Sierra?"

Why do people always suggest her?

I glare at Stella with her suggestion. I'm really not sure.

"I mean, you're comfortable with her. So, why not take her to prom?"

I didn't respond, I just look away spotting Sierra just got in to the cafeteria. Alone, as usual. Just looking down, doesn't want to be seen.

I took my phone out composing a text message.

• • •

i M E S S A G E

[Sierra 🙈]
12:05 pm, Thursday

Where have you been?

May kinuha lang

You look sad. What happened?

Stop looking at me.

You can tell me anything

Okay lang ako.

• • •

"Dude, are you okay?" Alex asked as I pay attention back to them. I nodded and put my phone in my pocket.

"I'll be back."

I started walking towards the table where Sierra is sitting. She doesn't look up around the cafeteria, she doesn't say a word to the peoole on the table with her, she just ignore all of them.

"Hey, can I sit with you?"

◽◽◽

hi :) don't forget to vote and comment! xx