- Sequel -

The sky is covered in dark grey clouds, the sounds of thunder and the flashes of lightening echoes through the Seoul city.

As if it's showing how everything is falling apart for two certain boys.

"Baekhyunnie! I bought you some beautiful flowers baby~"

Chanyeol placed a soft peck on his lover's cheeks after placing the flowers in the vase beside the hospital bed.

He sat down on the chair next to the hospital bed, sighing deeply as he looked at Baekhyun.

Looking at Baekhyun's face makes him feel relaxed. He hasn't had enough sleep nor had he been taking good care of himself ever since the day he took Baekhyun to the hospital.

It should have been him, he should be the one to take the pills instead of Baekhyun.

Thinking back of the day when he had found his little boyfriend's lifeless body on the bed makes him feel miserable.

Baekhyun's family had rushed here from America when they heard about Baekhyun. They didn't know the cause of Baekhyun's sucide and Chanyeol was too much of a coward to tell them.

He is afraid. Afraid of them taking Baekhyun away from him. So he keeps his mouth shut whenever they compliments him for being such a good boyfriend for Baekhyun and when they left Baekhyun in his care because they eventually had to go back.

It has been 2 months since his boyfriend's sudden sucide and the guilt and regret is still there, hidden deep in his heart, aching everytime the memories of Baekhyun's lifeless body repeats in his mind.

He looks back at his small boyfriend sleeping on the hospital bed. His once red cherry lips are now pale, his chubby little cheeks disappeared and his small body is smaller than the last time he had seen him awake.

He feels the tears rolling down his eyes to his cheeks. He lets them stay there, and doesn't bother to wipe it off.

"Baby, please wake up."

Silence.

"I need you back Baekhyunnie I miss you. I will do anything- j-just please wake up"

Silence.

What was he expecting? He chuckles, mocking himself for being such an idiot.

He wiped the tears off his cheeks with the back of his hand and headed towards the toilet.

He doesn't get to see his boyfriend's little fingers moving slightly seconds after he had left the room.

-------------------

"Baekhyunnie!"

After Chanyeol had returned from the bathroom, he saw his little boyfriend sitting on the bed.

He didn't see the doctors looking at him, he didn't see anything else beside Baekhyun at this point.

His Baekhyun, alive and breathing. His boyfriend is finally awake. Tears streamed down his cheeks, he covered his mouth, gasping as he kneeled down beside his boyfriend.

Baekhyun is looking at him with those unfamiliar eyes. Theres no sparkles in his little boyfriend's eyes as it used to whenever he sees him nor is there any traces of love in it. It is like Baekhyun doesn't even know who he is.

But he fails to notice a slight glint that passed through his boyfriend's eyes for a mere second.

He feels his heart aching, he reached out to touch his boyfriend's adorable cheeks. But his little boyfriend stiffened and moved away from his hand, leaving his hand frozen on it's spot.

It hurts, Chanyeol's whole heart and body hurts because of Baekhyun's sudden act towards him.

"B-Baekhyunnie" He called out, looking at Baekhyun with a sad expression.

Baekhyun stared at him for a while "Who are you?" He asked, looking up at him with a blank expression.

Chanyeol froze, his whole body stopped functioning. His heart is broken, he is hurt, it hurts so much to hear such unfamiliar words from his little boyfriend who loved him so much.

This can't be true, his boyfriend must be joking. Chanyeol's heart refuses to accept this, his eyes searching for the familiar glint in his boyfriend's eyes.

He doesn't find it. Chanyeol blinks, then he looked at the doctor standing beside them with questioning eyes.

The doctor looks at him with a very sad expression and shakes his head.

He felt it at that moment, his heart breaking and tears rolling down his cheeks. His mouth shivers, he wants to ask what's happening, he is confused, but nothing came out of his lips.

"Mr.Park, can we talk outside for a while?" The doctor finally mutters, a soft sigh leaving his mouth

He nodded and followed the doctor, looking back at Baekhyun with unreadable eyes.

------------

It feels like Park Chanyeol's life had ended the moment he heard those words coming out from the doctor's mouth.

"Mr.Park, I am sorry to inform you but it seems like the pills had taken very strong effect on MrByun's brain. Unfortunately, we don't know when Mr Byun will be able to get his memories back. It might also be that he won't be able to get them back at all. It depends on Mr Byun himself. Sometimes, the brain washes the memories away, the memories it doesn't want to have. However, I suggest you to bring places Mr. Byun used to go, remind him of his old memories and he might as well get them back."

Is this what karma is like? Regret is all he felt at this moment. His heart is aching, his head is pounding, his body feels numb, his world was spinning around him, before he finally fell on the floor, all exhausted, psychically and mentally.

------------

Chanyeol blinked his eyes open and was greeted with a unfamiliar white sailing and the bright sun shining upon him.

He immediately sat up and ripped the iv out of his wrist. He clutched his own head due to the sudden black out. He grunted and stood up from the bed, supporting himself by holding on the bed.

He ran straight to Baekhyun's room as soon as he managed to stand on the ground.

———————————

He has been walking back and forth in front of Baekhyun's room for a while now. Can he do this? Is he ready to get Baekhyun back in his life? Is he ready to get hurt?

He sighed as he closed his eyes.

He braces himself and grabbed the handle of the door to get it open.

"Baekhyunnie"

The said human turned around from his bed to look at the caller of his name. He blinked innocently at Chanyeol as the latter came closer to where he is sitting.

"Let me introduce myself properly." Chanyeol mumbled as he scratched his neck awkwardly and looked at Baekhyun in the eyes.

"I am Park Chanyeol, your b-best friend. I-I will be the only one looking after you for now Baek." He lied, yes he did. Why? Because he doesn't want his little boyfriend to remember the horrible past. Call him selfish but he doesn't want Baekhyun to hate him, he doesn't want him to remember anything about that horrible past. He wants a new beginning with his boyfriend. He will work hard for it.

"Hi Chanyeol, I am sorry I couldn't remember you."

——- End ———

It's an open ending y'all. Baekhyun might or might not remember Chanyeol. Y'all don't know what's gonna happen with them after this. y'all don't know how much I struggled to write this. Ugh, I'm sorry it took me two years. I have been on writers block for yearssss I swear I tried writing it every once in a while but it really took me so long cuz I wasn't satisfied with my own writing. Lemme know if you enjoyed it! Bye bye. I have been planning to write a chanbaek fanfic called "strawberries and cigarettes" the thing is, the plot isn't perfect yet. I have many plots in mind. But the book is gonna be based off the song for sure. I don't know. I will let y'all know once I have it ready.