Last days

Camden's POV

It's the last days of summer break and I'm actually happy.

These last couple of days have been shit. My mum has come home drunk every night all summer and I don't know what's going to happen when I go to school.

I don't know if she'll be ok with out me.

My mum has been through a lot her whole life.

When she was young she raised herself, she hung out with the wrong crowd but she really couldn't stay away from it because she grew up in a broken home.

So she raised me in a broken home. I guess she just doesn't know any better.

I have 6 days till junior year starts and I'm actually happy. I don't want to work all day anymore.

All I did all summer was work.

My mum works but she only pays for herself she is stingy with her money. She buys herself food and locks it away.

If I want to eat I have to buy my own food which I don't do much.

I work as a waitress at a dinner in the town that I go to school in.

I've been going to school there since I was 7. I ride the bus everyday to work and I walk from there.

I walk into school with everyone else and I leave school with everyone else.

I've been doing this since I started school and I don't think I'm going to stop. I'm afraid to leave my mum because I want her to be safe.

But then again I don't want to be there for the rest of my life.

It was now 4:00 AM and I had to go to work.

My first shift is from 5 AM to 6 AM and my second shift is from 4 PM to 12 AM.

We're a 24 hour dinner.

As I got up I hand noticed there was a mans clothes around the house.

My mum had brought another guy home.

Nothing new.

I slept in the living room because we lived in a one room apartment.

I walked to the bathroom to take a shower and get ready for the day.

As I entered it smelt like vomit. I looked inside the toilet and there was surely vomit inside.

I flushed the toilet, then waiting to turn the water on so it's not cold.

After about 5 minutes I turned the water on, undressing then entering.

I washed and I thought to myself "Why me?"