Chapter 18 - That was the moment I knew

Thank you for the cover, KidYouNot!

Pls VOTE and COMMENT!

This is a longgg chapter btw :)

Chapter 18 - That was the moment I knew

     I was now at home, and I wonder when will my thoughts leave me alone, even for just a while, because it's not helping me at all when there are a thousand thoughts filling up my mind at the exact same moment. 

     I don't know what I'm feeling right now. There are like mixture of feelings stirring inside me. One that definitely stood out is astonishment. How in the world was I supposed to know that Ash, the first person that was ever close to me, turned out to be the total opposite person I thought he was?

     My first kiss... was a vampire? The disgusting creatures I bound to hate? I still couldn't believe it at all, I need to see it with my own eyes to make sure. 

     It's just that, he's everything a vampire isn't. He seemed like the type of person who wouldn't dare hurt a fly if it means taking out a life of a living thing. I just can't bear the thought of him feeding a human, even though from what Marilyn saw, he was feeding a rabbit. There are a few humans I suspect as a vampire, but Ash is definitely not one of them. 

     What happened to my 'I can find out whether or not they're a vampire with my eyes close' line? If he's hiding anything that seems suspicious, he's doing a great job at it. 

      Think, Dawn! What has he done that is not human-like?

     Well, I definitely never seen him eaten before, so that could be a possibility... but that's all I could come out with. I mean, I'm not with him 24/7. I don't know where he goes after school or if he stays at home doing who knows what, but is there anything that raises a slight bit of suspiciousness?

     Brain storm, Dawn. Brain storm.

     Wait a minute, what about the day I saw him in the woods? He never really gave me an answer. Yes he did, but the same answer as mine? That he wanted to get some fresh air and just walk around in the woods? That did give a slight raise of questions.

     It's a really fat chance that what he's saying is true. No human goes to the woods so early in the morning. Well, at least the woods in our area. Everybody knows it's not the safest going there alone. Since there's also no trail, if you go deep into the woods, you might have some hard time coming out – it is really easy to get lost in there.

     Unless you know the woods well... like me, but Ash, he just came here less than a month, and he already knows the way around the woods? It's not something you can remember and memorize so easily. Unless he just went to the shallow part of the woods, then I'm not that suspicious, but I didn't meet him there. When I met him, I was still quite deep into the woods, and I remember when we were walking back, he seems to know where he's going without my help.

     Maybe he really did remember the way he went into the woods and back, even though it's really hard to, because it's not a 'walk straight' kind of direction. The trees also look the same, and I have to zig zag my way through the deep part of the woods, where I met Ash.

     So he might have done something more than to get some fresh air. He could have been hunting, for animals I guess, and then he'll use his vampire senses to walk back where he came from. Even so, I'm not entirely sure if my explanation is right... or he's really a vampire as a matter of fact.

     I should really believe Marilyn, but I don't know why I still have doubts about it, maybe because he's nothing like it... but if he's really what I think he is, I have to kill him. I have no choice but to do so, but before that, I need to make sure he's a really vampire. I need to see it with my own eyes to be exactly sure. I don't want to kill an innocent human I mistaken as a vampire.