She's Mine: 1

●●●

On a fine day here in Daegu, South Korea. My father and I went on a place which we often go, the cemetery. Where the most loving person I've ever had was lying, hands on top of her cold and hard body, my Mom. She was there, laying down on a very dark place beneath the ground. A place where she can no longer escape, her grave.

"Hello Mom. How are you doing there? Bet you're not as happy as you were before, right?" I said, talking to a medium sized rock. There, her name was engraved.

Kim Ji An

Born: January 20, 1971

Died: June 13, 1995

"Honey, I'm sorry if I haven't visited you since last week. I'm trying my best not to let the company down. I'm afraid that if I don't get the other companies' trust, we may end up...to bankruptcy. And I don't want that to happen. We spent our lives building and working that company for who knows how many years. It was you who started the company, and I don't want to make any mistakes. People might think I'm stupid for not having such a good way of keeping the company still. And most especially, I don't want to put shame on your name. Honey, I'm really really sorry. I hope you can forgive me for bringing us down. I know that I am not a perfect person, but I'm trying my best to be one." A tear escaped in my eye as I listen to my father's words. I knew everything. And I know that we will end up to bankruptcy, I just feel it. But no matter what, I'll help my father to keep the company successful. I am willing to do everything for my family.

I patted his back to relieve the pain he's been bringing. I know that this wasn't enough to take away the pain. But this is what I can do......for now.

"Khhhhhh, why am I even crying? People might think I'm stupid" Father started laughing and it made me tear up more. It was painful to see that he's forcing to be happy even in the midst of everything.

"Mom...I really miss you so much. I wish you were here with us. I may have not seen your face but I know that you were that woman I saw in my dreams." It happens almost every day, she would show up in my dreams. She would talk to me and ask me what I did that day. If only dreams would come true. It felt so real, the way she touched my cheeks to wipe away my tears, the way she kissed my head, and the way she embraced me. But everything was just a dream.

A dream that can never happen...

"I really miss you too, Honey. And Ji Eun, I'm really sorry for not saving your Mom. Mianhae..." My father hugged me so tight and I also hugged him back.

"Gwaenchanha, I don't blame you for her loss. And thank you, because you stayed for me up until now. Thank you for always taking care of me." I kissed his cheeks and wiped his tears.

From the day that my Mom died which was on my birthday actually. She died after giving birth to me. Since then my father took care of me, he never hired maids to help him do his work as a father and also a mother to me. He said he was independent enough to do all the work by himself. Which he succeeded, he made the company grow bigger and better. He raised me carefully with proper discipline. We never got into trouble during those times. We lived happily even if it was just the two of us.

We stared at my Mom's grave for a while before heading home. The ride wasn't that long because we live just a few blocks away. I wanted to go for a walk with my Father but he insisted on riding a bus on the way home to save time and since he is going to work later.

"Ji Eun, were here" I took off my earbuds and head out the bus.

"Abeoji, are you going to eat with me tonight? I'll cook for you today since it's Father's Day. I want to make it up to you." I said as I opened the gate. I really wish to eat with my Father tonight to celebrate the Father's Day and also to thank him for all the things he had done for me.

"I'm sorry Ji Eun, but I have an upcoming meeting with the biggest entertainment company later. And I don't want to disappoint them. They are our only chance to prevent us from bankruptcy" I frowned at his words. But, I held a smile.

"Oh, don't worry, I understand you. I'll just help you prepare your things for the meeting" I walked through the stairs and went straight in my Father's room. I grab his clothes and laid it on the bed. I was in awe when I saw the clothes. It was the suit that my Mother made for my Father's birthday.

"I was gonna choose that"

I move my eyes to the door where the voice came from. I smiled at him and hand him the suit.

"Appa.....Happy Father's Day. Thank you for everything. If anything happens, I'm always here to help you okay?" I said as soon as I finished putting his suit along with his neck tie.

He hugged me and said,

"You're always welcome my love. And remember that I will always love you and your Mom. But for now, I need to go" He then pulled away and kissed my forehead.

I watched as he disappeared from my sight. Walking down the stairs, my mind was really full of thoughts.

"Ahhh, I should stop thinking about negative things. It's making me hungry."

It was a lonely dinner. No matter how hard I tried to distract my thoughts about our family's business, it keeps hunting me. I should've worked with them.

I am willing to take the risks, I am willing to drop my dream of becoming a Makeup Artist.

I had talked about this with my Father but he encouraged me to follow my dreams. And so I did, but it's breaking my heart to see him suffer and not being able to help him.

Someday, I'll bring us back to the top Abeoji..

***