Curiosity

Zexy just... Appeared.

There wasn't a grand entrance, he didn't join because he met a member like Lucy had. One day he wasn't there, the next he was cleaning tables and listening to Mirajane talk and talk without ever really talking himself.

He didn't introduce himself, in fact, he seemed to be caving in on himself when Mira did for him.

"Hey, meet my new waiter! His name is Zexy! Be good to him!"

It was strange. Not only was that all to the introduction before Zexy scurried off to the back to clean dishes, but no one really expected for Mira to ever get hired helper.

Sure, she always took up the opportunity to get help from volunteers that were people in the guild, but she usually handled herself pretty well with and without help. They also wondered how she was paying since she didn't go on contracts anymore. Was she getting help from her brother? No one knew, but they also knew better than to pry.

But that didn't stop everyone from wondering, and though gossip went down thoughts and theories didn't disappear. One of the people thinking about it in his free time was Natsu.

He didn't think about it a lot, just when he was alone or couldn't sleep or something. He needed something to think about to try and lure him to sleep. Zexy was the perfect subject. He had a lot of strange qualities. He had an interesting fashion sense (He only knew that because of Lucy) with his black and dark blue checkered jacket, the red shirt he wore underneath, his dark gray jeans, and dark blue shoes that were styled for comfort and not combat. He also had red eyes, though not uncommon he always hid one with a bang longer than the others.

But it wasn't just that.

Zexy had a... Scent around him, so to say. Natsu wasn't sure if he was the only one out of the dragon slayers to notice it, but he didn't want to ask. He didn't want to look weird, or sound like a pervert. Scents were sacred things in his kind. The only time scents caught their attention was if they were protective of the person or saw them as a potential mate.

Of course, Natsu wouldn't mind it if Zexy was a part of the guild, but he didn't even know that. Mira and the master didn't mention it, and Natsu didn't see a mark on him. Of course, he could always have it in an easily hidden place, but why do that? Everyone was supposed to show their mark off with pride! Natsu and his team certainly did.

Than again, he supposed everyone was different. Maybe Zexy was just more quiet about himself. Of course, if he was in the guild, that brought a whole new question. What were his abilities? How well could he fight? Did he have magic? It was questions he couldn't find the time to get answers for. When he wasn't on missions, he was resting or annoying his team to go on another one. He never settled down, he simply never found a reason to.

But still, he was curious, and he wanted to satisfy the curiosity. When Natsu wanted to know something, it bugged him and bugged him until he could find an answer. But, Zexy seemed so afraid. He was quiet and seemed to tremble wherever he was around anyone but Mira, her brother, and the Master of the guild. Natsu knew how brash and loud he could be, and he didn't want to scare the poor guy.

So, he dealt with his curiosity, and just studied Zexy from afar whenever he was at the guild. He watched him scurry from table to table, watched him take and bring out orders. He watched him be quiet and meek, even though something screamed at him and told him that this mysterious kid was nothing but weak.