Eyes

Leví

Another morning another suffering.

Was combing my long ash gray hair down to my chests. Naturally, I'm a brunette but my best friend helped with the colouring two days ago.

*bleep*

A text came in and i immediately know who the sender was.

Dawon: Outside...

I stepped away from the vintage vanity given as a present from he himself that he got from an old store outside of town. Heading towards my window, i peered down and see him standing right on the greens instead of the pavement.

He'd always do that whenever 'they' weren't in the house.

My parents. Yuck, i hate calling them that. Parents should love and care about you but not mine. So any terms but "Parents" were more comfortable for me to use.

I smiled the moment i saw his grin as he raised both arms up, beckoning me to come down to him.

I raised a hand for him to wait for a bit because, apart from my hair and little make up being done, i only had a t-shirt on that says

Pulled out a faded ripped jeans and slipped into it before fumbling for my black boots.

It didn't take long for me to run down the creaky stairs and tip toed across the wooden floors before reaching the front door.

As i tried to twist the knob open, it was locked.

Dammit.

The lock was made to be locked from the outside, or as i remember of being told by them that it was specially made to unlock by a specific key only they were holding. Whatever that fucking means.

They locked me in again. Knowing my behaviour, they tried to keep me in from running off to God-knows-where with Dawon or whoever i come to contact with from the outside world.

I banged on the door hard.

Dawon

I heard her bang on the door from the inside.

Shit.

Immediately after that, my eyes automatically wandered off towards the windows.

Leví

Not too long after that, i heard a few taps on the window screen.

I looked to my right and searched for the sound, finding his face peering from outside. Mouthing something as he pointed to where the lock of the window pane was.

My eyes wildly search for it before yanking the little lock open, successfully sliding the window upwards as i fit my body through the frame.

I planned to throw myself out when i saw him raised both hands towards me as if to help me out.

Smiling, he said
"Little monkey~"

Climbing up to him as he lifted me up from the window panel and put me down in front of him.

"Let's go, before your parents come back and beat the living hell out of me again." He reminded, curling his fingers around my wrist as he gave a little tug.

Dawon was my best friend, since i can remember. He was my saviour, basically. Because he tends to come and save my ass a lot of times in my life.

 Because he tends to come and save my ass a lot of times in my life

At school.
At a store.
Even at home.

They were abusive. My parents, — adoptive parents, I mean.

I'm one of the few kids that they had adopted. Most of us has gone to college or got married off to a rich guy and moved out. Now it's just me and another kid nearly the same age as me.

I go to school nearby, usually I'll pretend to walk alone till I'll reached somewhere far and meet up with Dawon then continue the journey there. We either actually go to school or ditch and head some place new.

Just last week we found this new place further in to the woods just outside of town. And that's exactly where we were about to head that day.

Grabbed my bike from backyard and hoisted myself up as i rode towards him. Passing him by fast as i proceeded to go before him.

"Hey, wait up..!" He cried, kicking into the pedals and swinging furiously to catch up on me.