Chapter-6:Change

“Change will not come if we wait for some other person, or if we wait for some other time. We are the ones we've been waiting for. We are the change that we seek.” 

― Barack Obama

CHAPTER-6: CHANGE

Six years later

“Bells, are you ready,yet?It’s time!” Jacob’s voice boomed through the stairway.  “Learn to be patient” I yelled back. I checked myself in the mirror. Good enough for today…I thought as I slipped on the heels.my physical appearance was never something I really cared about from the day I was born and it hasn’t changed yet. But my life…

It certainly has changed. For the better? Nope. For the best!

No words could explain how happy I am with Jacob.to be living like the normal American girl but yet special.

“GodBella…have you turned into another Rachel?”  Jake asked again.   “Coming!”  I replied. Rachel, Jacob’s cousin sister. Paul’sgirl. Paul imprinted on her and she lives in la push running a boutique here in forks.my best friend.as my thoughts wavered to her, it brought me the past.

Two years back, after the…Edward thing, I had a tough time. I threw all the things that reminded me of him and cried all night long thinking how bad a person I was. The first year was certainly hard. Nightmares made my nights. I spent the entire first six months draining Jacob’s shirt with salt water which is my tears. But Jacob was Jacob. He helped me pass the situation in fact made me feel good. I had to help him with his school which was really the fun part. The thing is, what I didn’t get until the last about why Jacob failed in his exams was that I was the distraction. But anyhow he graduated. However not with flying colors but yea, graduated. I really was a clingy girlfriend. Still am. Not letting him out of my eyesight 24/7.but did he complain? Dozing off his lap and getting up to his caring eyes and the brilliant smile which you could not resist but smile back. But after the first year, my life was perfect. Everything clicked well and arranged into itself, a beautiful picture. I spent most of my time in la push. I didn’t want to leave Jacob and everyone behind and go to Dartmouth for pursuing my studies. Instead, I study online college and work in a bakery, Emily runs while Jacob works in his garage. Thinking of Emily brought me back to the present. That’s where we are going now. It’s EMILY-SAM’S WEDDING!

I checked my red dress that hung low beneath my knees and that hugged me tight. Brushed my dark hair one last time, I hurried out of the room. The tapping of Jake’s foot impatiently over the wooden flooring stopped as soon as I appeared on the stairway. On the last stair, stood a guy that I was crazy about. Tall, handsome and sexy. Jacob.

“Do I look okay?”  I ask aloud scanning my dress again and again. It’s not like I’m fat for this dress. It’s just that I don’t suit to these things. A shirt and a jeans, that’s what I’m supposed to.  “Okay!”  Jacob voice rose as if I just cursed.  “You look awesome”  he dramatically showed his hands up wide indicating that I look that much good. I couldn’t help the giggle. He took my hand and brought me down next to him for a kiss. Totallydesperate, I kissed him hard. Before I could show the passion, a fatherly cough brought us back and we straightened back. Charlie, my dad was over by the door scratching his head not knowing what to do with us, lover birds.

The astonishing (yet, notsurprising) thing about this was that Charlie is totally happy with us being together. He wanted me to be with Jacob and also loved la push so when we told him the news, he was practically jumping. Which was not amusing for me because I had just broken up with a certain someone. Renée, my mom was the same if not even more. She was like totally head over heels for Jacob. You know it when she is laughing like no tomorrow, then she was talking with my boyfriend. That was Jacob wasn’t it? Happiness.