CHAPTER 45

Rose slowly shifted on the bed feeling exhausted and lethargic. She had never felt so worn out before. Alexander did not spare her the previous night, and had made love to her numerous times. It felt like he had compensated for all those lost years in just one night, but this was just the beginning. Her insides were sore and her thighs and lower region hurt whenever she moved. He had just demonstrated what he could do and what he would do to her in the coming days. It was like a promise to her; a promise that he would never stop.

She moved again and felt a strong muscular arm wrapped around her, holding her back. When she was awake completely, she realized that it was his arm that was tightly holding her against his chest. She smiled and dragged her fingers over his arm, feeling his skin, nerves and muscles under the tip of her finger. She blushed when she thought about how he had taken her again and again the previous night. She rubbed her face with her left hand and immediately felt a sharp pain as something tugged on the side of her nose.

"Ouch.." she hissed, and scrunched her eyebrows as she straightened the fingers on her left hand in front of her eyes. Her eyes widened and she parted her lips in shock as she looked at the beautiful diamond ring that rested on her ring finger.  

"oh...my God..." she whispered again as she grew numb all over and eyes glistening with tears. She couldn't believe this was all happening. These were the things that she had hopelessly wished for when she was a kid. She had wanted all this with him and now, after all these years of lost hope, God was fulfilling her wishes. One by one. It was too good to be true; his proposal, his hand around her, his ring on her finger, it all felt like a dream and if it was one, she did not want to wake up from it.

"Morning, Sweetheart." he pressed himself further against her back, plastering their bodies together and tightening his hold on her as he kissed the back of her ear. He pushed his right knee in between her legs and parted them as he rested his thigh in between hers' and scissored their legs together while he pressed his bare chest on her back. She felt blood rush through her body when she felt his manhood poke her back and his heat seep into her skin.

"I've never slept like this since years..." he mumbled and went back to sleep. And somewhere between those soft snores, she heard him say "I love you."

She felt extremely delighted, and at the same time she was reluctant to let that happiness take control of her senses. She was stepping back again. She feared where all this would end. Till this day,everything that made her happy and all that she had cherished had been ripped away from her. If she ever lost him again; her only source of happiness, she wouldn't have the strength to live further. She shut her eyes, kissed the ring on her finger and kept both her hands on his arm.

"I love you,Alex." she whispered, and his warmth once again lulled her back to sleep.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I hope you are doing everything as per my orders, Jade." he stated over the phone and she pressed the phone to her ear with fear. She was not allowed to speak and was only allowed to listen because he did not want to take a chance with her, and he knew that in Alexanders' mansion, even the walls had ears. He was set on a mission and he would go to any extent to reach his destination.

"Mr. David, I..."

"Shut your trap, bitch!" he yelled over the phone and she immediately sealed her lips while she eyed her surroundings for the millionth time. She had locked herself in her room but was still scared to death. She could feel her blood rush to her ears and heart pump itself out of her chest.

"I asked you to fucking listen and you do just that. did you get it!" he shouted again, and she just nodded in reply.

"Bitch!" he muttered angrily.

She closed her eyes and let the tears fall from her shut eyelids.

"You will kill him. You should! If not, your mother will pay the price with her life. I am repeating it again, Agatha will pay the price for your negligence." he said the last part calmly and cut the call.

She felt helpless all over again. What could she do other than to carry out his orders. Her mother was her only family. She lived for her and she would do anything to protect her. She thought about the pain Rose would go through if she ever had to lose the person whom she loved, but she erased it away as soon as it came before it covered her resolution with guilt. Once again, like every other morning, she switched off her phone, placed it inside her suitcase and pushed it under her bed. Like every other day, with a strongly built resolution, she dressed up in her maids' attire and looked at herself in the mirror. She would kill to save her mother. She wouldn't care for anyone.

 But did she know that there was another helpless soul in that house, just like her, who would be ready to sacrifice her life  to protect the man she loves?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Mr. Alexander?" she knocked on the door, waiting for his reply.

"Come in, Jade." Martha called out to her. She opened the door slowly with one hand while she held his tea in her other hand.

"Coffees' ready?" she asked, as she turned to look at her in the middle of dusting the shelves.

"Good. Keep it down there and keep my tablets on the table too. I will eat them after I finish my work." she said and turned back to continue dusting the shelves.

Jade used to fetch Martha's tablets for her every morning and used to bring her a glass of water with it, but today Martha had asked her not to.

"Are you sure you don't want water for your tablets?" asked Jade.

"Nope." 

"Alright, I will be in the kitchen if you need anything, yeah?" she asked, eyeing the coffee on the table.

"Okay." Martha said, as she pulled out a book and dusted the bind.

Jade watched Martha for a while and then set her eyes on his table once again, eyeing the cup of coffee. She immediately walked out of the room, shut the door and walked down the stairs as made her way to the kitchen. She opened the door that led to the backyard and shut it before anyone saw her. She walked towards a stone that was placed near the garden and sat in front of it. Without moving her cold eyes away from the stone, she breathed in, making her heart turn into a dark, emotionless stone. She pulled out a small bottle from her pocket and smashed it onto the stone with her hand on top of it. The broken pieces cut through her flesh and she hissed with pain. She breathed through her nose as she immediately dug a hole that was deep enough to bury the broken glass pieces. The mud got in between the cuts on her palm, causing her more pain. But she took it all in, like a lifeless being. This, was for her mother, she chanted it repeatedly. She put a few glass pieces in the hole and covered it up soon as she moved her head side ways to watch if anyone was around. She moved to another spot and did the same. She washed her hand and let the water run through her wounds. As pain filled her senses, consuming her entire being, she slowly let go of the crime she was about to commit. She forgave herself for the crime she just carried out. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi guys,

sorry for the wait. i am done with my exams and will try to update faster.

So i was thinking to get into the Watty Awards this time. what do you guys think?

And can anyone brief me about what i should do if i enter the Wattys? like, should i create an Instagram account for the book? How will you guys be able to vote for my book?

Until next time,

RLJ