mochi and mimi

Plot:
Arin and Suzy suddenly switch bodies with their cats.

::

Ding!

Ding!

Ding!

Ding!

Ding!

Danny slowly sat up from his bed, then checked his phone. First, he checked the time.

"Fuck..."

9:45am. He was late.

Then, he saw the messages.

Barry
Get

Barry
Over

Barry
Here

Barry
Right

Barry
Now

"What the—" Ding!

Ross
ARIN AND SUZY ARE ACTING SUPER WEIRD AND MOCHI AND MIMI ARE HERE TOO AND MOCHI JUST YELLED AT ME

Danny's eyebrows furrowed as he quickly typed Ross back: Ross, are you fucking drunk again?

The response was inhumanly fast.

Ross
NO I'M SERIOUS PLEASE GET OVER HERE

Ross
SUZY IS RUBBING ON MY LEG

Ross
ARIN IS SCRATCHING THE CURTAINS

Ross
THIS IS LIKE SOME STRANGE ACID TRIP

Reluctantly, Danny changed into his Not So Grump t shirt and a pair of jeans he'd been wearing for the past three days. He put on his shoes, then grabbed his phone and keys, avoiding brushing his hair, or even eating breakfast. Once he stepped outside, he texted Ross back: This had better not be some prank. It's too early for that kind of shit.

Ross
i swear to god it's not a prank

Ross
HURRY ARIN JUST CURLED UP INTO A BALL ON MY LAP AND SUZY IS STILL RUBBING ON MY LEG

"It's a fucking prank, I guarantee it. I'll walk into the office and come face to face with that stupid fucking grin." Danny spoke to no one but himself as he climbed into his car.

Get ready to say it, get ready to say it...

That was his only thought all the way towards the Grump office. Once he arrived, he opened the door, and turned to Ross before he even saw what was going on. "Goddammit Ro—"

His eyes widened at the sight. There was Arin, curled up on Ross, just like the text said. And he looked down, and there was Suzy, sat with her knees to her chest, rubbing on Ross's leg.

"What the fuck. This is the most coordinated prank you've ever pulled on me, dude. I hate to say it...but, nice job."

Ross turned to Danny, and the second Danny saw the horrified, confused look on Ross's face, he let his amazement go.

"Alright, drop the act, Ross. You got me. This was your best prank yet."

There was a long silence, when suddenly, Danny heard Arin's voice.

"Hate to break it to you...it's not a prank."
It didn't sound too far from him at all. In fact, the voice sounded exactly beneath him. So, Danny looked, and saw Mochi sitting beside his feet. He didn't think anything of it though.

"Okay, so now what? You've got some sort of recording hidden around here?"
Danny asked, skeptically as he leaned down and reached to pet Mochi, who backed away from him.
"Don't pet me."

That was what finally got him. Danny's jaw dropped, almost to the floor if that were possible.
"You...you weren't kidding. Do I need to find someone else to do the Grump session with today?"
"I still have my voice. I'm just a cat."
"Right, sorry. I'm just shocked."
"I would be too if my best friend suddenly turned into a cat."
"Hey, Ross? Can you get Mochi...er, Mochi who looks like Arin off the couch?"

Ross turned to Danny, then to Mochi and shook his head. "He's kind of cute when he's all sleepy."
Arin gagged a bit, "Just push me off the damn couch."
And Ross (involuntarily) shoved Mochi a few times, who then woke up and jumped off of his lap. Ross started to get up, but felt a weight on his legs. Mimi.
"Fuck you." He pushed her off him as well, standing up quickly which caused her too scurry away. Suzy's voice was heard as she walked into the room. "Arin, do you know how this happened?"
"All I know is that I was drinking coffee one second and then I was staring at the suddenly giant ass table the next."
"Me too...Danny, could you help us?"

Danny shrugged, "I mean, I can try. But, you'll have to wait until after the Grump session..."
"We can fix this pretty fast, man. You're smart." Arin said, nudging Danny's leg.

Suzy chimed in as well, "Yeah! Remember when you solved that jigsaw puzzle that Ross couldn't get for the life of him in like two seconds?"
"It wasn't two seconds..."
"Right, right. It was one."
That caused Danny to laugh a bit. "If you mean one minute, then yeah."
"Hey, that's still better than what Ross can do!"

"Shut up Mimi!" Ross yelled from a different room, causing Suzy to laugh.