Remembering

Keeping and collecting things has always been a habit of mine. Receipts, tickets, even leaves and flowers I picked up and the candy wrappers from the candies I ate.

I don't know why but those are things that I want to keep forever. After you happened.

Now, yours are the only ones I want to keep. Everywhere I can.

I am not good in remembering dates. I am not good in remembering certain events. I am not good in remembering names and faces. All in all, I can't remember easily.

But I am left bewildered on how can I easily remember the events with you on it. The things that we do and the conversations and the laughters that we shared.

Who are you anyways?

Especially, the things that you gave me. My forgotten notebook, the chocolate wrapper that you gave to me. Even the bottled water that you gave to me after you drank it.

I can remember all of it.

I am listening to music when some hand covered my face. Not the eye-covering action or what. Someone palmed my face.

That someone is you. You jerk.

"Yo. Hahahaha." you greeted as I swatted your hand and removed my earphones.

But what surprised me is when I saw you. With your specs on.

"You're wearing eyeglasses?" I asked while staring at your eyeglass.

Not your eyes. The eyeglasses.

"Yep. I'm not wearing it every time so I guess it kinda surprised you?"

"Super." 

And you laugh again while falling into the floor. Crazy man.

"Try this on you." you suggested while giving me your eyeglasses.

"Do you have poor vision?" I asked while holding yours, eyeing it.

"Not much." you replied as I wear it.

"Nothing has changed that much." I said as I looked from left to right, looking at the surroundings.

"You're not getting nauseous?"

"Nope."

"Woah. So we have the same vision?"

"Maybe." I've been reading books every night so maybe my eyes are kinda damaged too.

I was supposed to return the eyeglasses to you but you stopped me.

"Later. I'll just get it from you later." you smiled and walked away.

Okaaaay. Not a trouble at all.

Until I forgot that I am wearing your eyeglasses.

As time goes by and I was to go home, I suddenly remembered that I am still wearing your eyeglasses.

I saw you going at the other end so I shouted your name.

"Hey! I forgot your eyeglass!"

"Oh? Yeah. Me too! Don't worry! You can have that!" you shouted too while still walking backwards, facing me.

"What?! I can't!"

"You can! I have a spare! Bye! Take care!" you shouted and ran away, leaving me behind wearing the eyeglass.

Seriously?

I removed the eyeglasses and looked at it.

Looks like I have another item in my collection to be kept in.