Chapter 56 ♡

Chapter 56

(Kat's POV)

It was one of those days.

I was laying alone on the couch in my apartment, staring at the blank wall. I played with the ring Zayn gave me on Christmas, Tigger purring as he slept on the floor beside me. I sighed, over thinking was getting the best of me once again.

For the past few hours, Zayn was the only thing on my mind. Our relationship and all of it's flaws started to show and I was getting a bit scared. What if we do get caught? That would be absolutely horrible. Zayn might get hurt and dad would never trust me again. I couldn't risk Zayn getting hurt, but I wasn't going to leave him.

We all knew that wasn't an option.

Zayn was the best thing that had ever happened to me, and I couldn't risk losing him. But every second I spent with him thinned our chances. I shut my eyes and groaned, this was terrible.

Just then, I heard keys rattling in the door but I didn't bother to look up. The only people who had keys to my flat were Zayn and Dad, and dad was still in Paris.

"Hey there sweetheart," Zayn sounded happy as he walked in. Ever since the incident with his family, he has been extremely happy. While I was out visiting mom, he visited his family also. He told me all about it and I also met them for a while. His mom asked him to move back but he told her that he had a lot depending on him here. He chose to stay here but he was going to send her money and visit every month, as a reassurance that he was still helping her.

"Hi," I mumbled as my eyes remained on the ceiling.

He walked over to me and threw his keys to the side. Without saying a word, he crawled on top of me, putting his arms on either side of me and looked into my eyes.

I stared at him and sighed. He was so beautiful. What the hell. If he wasn't Zayn I'm sure that I would've left him by now. But unfortunately, he was. But it did come in handy at times.

"Is everything alright?" He asked, bending down to place a kiss on my lips.

"Perfect," I tried to lie.

He chucked at my attempt, "what's bothering you baby?"

I sighed, wishing I could lie to him without him knowing. But it was impossible. "How much longer Zayn?"

"What?"

"How much longer?" I repeated. "Are we going to hide like this forever?"

He shook his head, "don't worry about it babe. We'll be fine."

He bent down and started kissing my neck softly, trying to distract me. I sighed, "what if we're not?"

"Why worry," he mumbled against my neck, "when we can love each other instead."

"Zayn," I said as he continued kissing my neck. He didn't stop, trying to make me feel better, but it honestly just wasn't working.

"Please Zayn," I said. "Stop."

He separated his lips from my neck and looked into my eyes, his face hovering above mine. He looked hurt though, as if I slapped him across the face. But I sighed, and leaned up before pressing my lips to his. He didn't kiss back though, sensing the pity in my lips.

"Listen to me Zayn," I said once we pulled away. "What if our love can't get us through this?"

He looked at me as if I asked him a question in a different language. I stared back, genuinely wanting to know the answer. He didn't reply though, instead he just got up and walked off of the couch. I didn't bother looking where he was going, for I already knew that I would hear something smash in about a minute or two.