"Get out of here, princess."

He called her princess.

Not because she was a princess, or because she's wealthy or well off, but because she was homeless. Five months ago, 18 year old Louise Tomlinson's father kicked her out of his house, stating that she was nothing but a nuisance. He had always hated her, especially after her mother died from cancer when she was a toddler. He would abuse her both physically and verbally, and when he threw her out into the streets, Louise had conflicted feelings. She didn't know whether to feel relieved or panicked, free or trapped all over again. She tried begging but he simply backhanded her and sent her on her way.

She walked, walked for miles without pause because she didn't want to stop, to have to think about what had just transpired. When she found the homeless shelter, they welcomed her in with open arms, and that's where she'd been living for the past few months. It was now routine for her to wake up on the bottom bunk of a plastic bed, take a minute shower in the co-ed bathrooms, and shrug on her clothes.

She dreaded going to school, because he would be there waiting for her. The man who ironically called her princess. Harry Edward Styles. The most popular and most wanted boy in the school. The whole school would watch as he passed by. It didn't matter if you were a man or woman, you'd fall for his charms. They all went to an elite school, Hightree Preparatory, where people of the lower class like Louise were frowned upon. From the moment she stepped into the school, she had become his primary target.

As soon as she walked into the school, he backed her against the lockers. His arms caged her in so she couldn't escape. She didn't want to, anyway. What was the point? Harry was far stronger than her, and her father had beaten the fight out of her. He looked over her face and held his hand out expectantly. They didn't talk as much as he used to, except for when he was giving her orders. His last order was for her to do his homework, even though it was irrelevant. He was smart enough to do his own homework, so she didn't know why he asked her to. Maybe to show his dominance, that he was stronger than her and far more superior. Or maybe he didn't want to be bothered. Maybe he was busy and had things to do.

Louise reached into her backpack and pulled out the green folder, which he snatched from her hands. Their fingers had brushed during the transaction and she shamefully felt her heart skip a beat. She didn't know why, but like all the other pathetic girls attending Hightree, she found herself attracted to Harry. He was tall with an athletic, lithe build, fair skin, curly brown hair, and emerald eyes that could bear into someone's soul.

"Lunch money," He mumbled, seeming bored with the conversation that had barely even started. Still, Louise was secretly delighted to engage.

"Don't have any," She explained, her voice slight and soft.

"Oh, right. You're dirt poor." He said, as if he were recalling something, though she saw the malicious look in his eyes, and how they sparkled when she flinched. He knew exactly what he was doing, and he enjoyed her discomfort.

"Yes, I am," She nodded. "Is there anything else you need, Harry?"

"Not from you," He said. "Other than a good time in a gas station bathroom."

She flinched once again and with a smirk, he turned on his heel and walked down the hall. She took a moment to catch her breath and travelled down the hallway, scanning the young faces for those of her friend, Nialla. Nialla was her best friend, who she had assumed to be another rich kid, but who turned out to be a nice young woman who didn't care what social class Louise came from. She was Louise's first high school friend, and Louise was eternally grateful for her friendship.

What she found surprised her. Nialla was being pushed against the lockers by Liam Payne, the second most popular boy in school. He was Harry's best friend and another bully. Him and Harry had met after Harry had punched him, and Liam got back up. Harry was notoriously known for being able to knock someone out with one punch, and while Liam had a black eye, he wasn't rendered unconscious. This surprised Harry, earning Liam his respect. Since then, they were inseparable.

Liam held Nialla by the wrist, as he began loosening her most prized possession, a gold watch given to her by her great uncle. Nialla would have a panic attack if anything ever happened to it. She found her feet carrying her towards them, and she shoved Liam with all of her strength, only making him stumble. However, his surprise managed to give Nialla the advantage of jerking her wrist away.

Liam glared at Louise, who instinctively backed up. He raised his hand and Nialla jumped in the way, exclaiming "Liam, please don't!" He hesitated, his hand staying there in the air. He seemed confused on what to do and with the crowd building, he'd had to choose fast.

Suddenly someone tackled him to the ground, and Nialla bolted out of the hallway, calling for Louise to follow her, but she could not. Louise looked at Liam's assailant, noticing that he had dark hair and an olive skin tone. He was currently repeatedly punching Liam in the face but Liam managed to get an advantage and knock the young man off of him, getting on top and beginning to choke him. The young man clawed at his fingers desperately.

Louise wanted to help whoever had helped her and her friend, so she started towards them. Maybe she could distract Liam, or something. However, a hand grabbed her arm harshly and kept her back. She winced at how tight the grip was and looked up at---Harry? His green eyes were calm and amused. She pulled on her arm and he raised an eyebrow at her newfound defiance.

"Let go of me," She ordered.

He cocked his head to the side, "What did you just say to me?"

"Harry, help!" Liam begged as his attacker had now gotten the upper hand.

"Get out of here, princess." Harry shoved her and her back hit the lockers with a loud thump.

Liam's attacker suddenly paused and looked up at Harry. Fear and terror filled his expression as he slowly stood. Harry did a fake lunge, which was enough to send the attacker running down the hall as if his life depended on it. For messing with Liam, however, his life probably did. Harry watched him for a second before offering Liam a hand, which he took.

"Come on, dude. Let's get you to the nurse." He said in a surprisingly comforting voice. "Damn, you took a beating."

"I got a few good hits in!" Liam argued irritably.

"You definitely did." Harry said, shooting Louise one final gance before walking with Liam down the hallway towards Nurse Torrell's office.

She kept leaning against the locker, her mind flashing back to the look on Harry's face when she had told him to let her go. He had looked surprised, and she would savor the look on his face for the next few periods until lunch.