Chapter 1

The brunette crossed her arms in front of her chest stoutly. Her foot tapped lightly against the rigid navy blue carpet; her eyes were focused on one of the five guys sitting around the sofas in the living room.

Her presence was still obscure to the person whose attention she had been begging for during the past thirty minutes. "Baby?" she asked audibly. She was hoping to get her own boyfriend's attention but apparently he had found greater interest in a basketball match.

"Not now, Selena!" The dark haired boy said with a hint of irritation in his voice. Selena thought that he had realized what had just come out of his mouth and turned around to speak, but it was more so due to the fact that he wanted her out.

The boy turned his head slightly at his girlfriend with an apologetic look in his eyes. He failed miserably at making things seem authentic. "I'll be with you later, promise." His words weren't a big let down to Selena. She was used to this type of behavior from him.

She didn't want to deal with this anymore tonight. Something happened in the flash of a moment on the television screen and multiple bangs broke out on the wooden table that was seated securely in front of the men.

"You owe me twenty, Jonas." A deep voice spoke.

"Nick, I'm going to go." Selena spoke right after.

Nick just waved her off as he ran his fingers through the dark curls in his hair. He muttered something before slapping a twenty dollar bill into the man's bulky hand.

Rolling her eyes in disgust towards him at the moment, Selena walked into his room and changed into better fitting attire. She was going to take advantage of the night.

--

Justin walked into Infusion, a famous nightclub in Los Angeles. It was a commonplace to him. Intermingled smells of smoke and sweat hit his nostrils as he pushed his way toward the heaving mob.

Seating himself down on the first vacant bar stool that caught his eye, he motioned the bartender. "Blue Hawaiian," he said. His eyes traveled to the stool next to him that was occupied by a couple. The girl's arms were securely locked around the guy's neck. He could tell they were a couple; otherwise the girl would be all over him.

Relationships were bullshit. Not worth any of his time. His mood was fucked up even worse tonight than it usually was.

No one fucking played him at his own game. And to accept the fact that a doltish little blonde Barbie had done so pissed him off. He was agitated at the fact that this time he had actually felt something for her. During his thoughts, his drink slid in front of him. He took a small sip of the simple mixture. He felt the icy, sweet substance cool down his throat.

He looked around the club and made out a variety of Mohawks and cleavages through the imminent darkness due to the neon rays of light. He wondered how many of these people would be having sex tonight. Or how many he had met before... even which ones would die tonight. While scanning the room, his eyes caught on a familiar figure. Her lean legs were looking more captivating than usual.

Finishing down his drink, he pushed himself off the stool and walked over to her.

She saw him approach. "Not now—" he cut her words off by pushing her back against the wall slightly.

Like he said, he wasn't in the mood tonight. He pressed his lips against hers roughly as he forced his tongue inside her mouth.