♡ Nineteen ♡

Heartbreak

Dear Diary, just when I thought things couldn't get any worse, they did. Why is my life such a living hell?

♡♡♡♡

Today was Heather Chandler's first day back at school.

As soon as the red clad queen entered the school, Veronica by her side, they were swarmed by their peers.

"Did he get arrested?"

"Why'd you trust him, Veronica?"

"Looks like Heather will be talking less."

"Is he still out there?"

"How'd it feel?"

And that wasn't even the half of it. The two girls ignored all of the questions and remarks. It wasn't even the questions Veronica was worried about, it was J.D.

What if he was at school? That was unlikely, though. He'd been missing school ever since the poisoning.

Veronica looked up at Chandler. She could notice a trace of fear in her green eyes. The brunette gently squeezed the blonde's hand, trying to calm her a little.

"Hey, Veronica! I've got a drink for Heather to try!" Kurt called to them, causing a few jocks around him to laugh.

"Fuck off, Kurt," Veronica replied, rolling her eyes and leading Heather away from the jocks.

"Hey, are you sure you want to be here? Because we can totally leave and go back to my house," Veronica said, looking Heather in the eyes.

"Yes, Veronica. If I leave it'll make me look weak, vulnerable. I can't have that, not after what just happened," Chandler replied, trying to maintain her bitchy attitude she kept at school.

"Are you sure? I don't want people being assholes to you. I might have to break someone's jaw," Veronica said.

"You won't be breaking anyone's jaw. They don't hurt my feelings, I've heard much worse, believe me. I'll be fine," Heather shrugged.

"Fine, but if anyone hurts you I'll-"

"Veronica, enough. I'll be okay, I promise," Chandler cut the brunette off, pressing a kiss to her forehead.

"Okay," Veronica finally gave in, relaxing a little as the blonde kissed her forehead.

"Now come on, let's go find Heather and Heather."

♡♡♡♡

"Chan! Thank God you're okay!" Macnamara squealed as the two girls walked into the bathroom.

The yellow clad girl pulled her friend into a tight hug, relieved. She had been so worried.

Chandler smiled, hugging Macnamara back. Her green eyes flitted over to Duke, who was smiling at her friends.

"It's nice to see you back, Chan," The green clad girl said.

"Thanks, Dukey. How were things while I was gone?" Chandler asked as Macnamara pulled away from the hug.