The Life Of Princess Amelia

There were two great countries in the world, The Country of Circles and The Country of squares. Both the countries declared war on each other many times. But unfortunately, all the times there was bloodshed and many lives were lost on both sides.  Neither won  a single battle but casualties grew.
      So King Lucius of the country of squares decided to wait for the right time to make a move. After one year, The Country of triangles, a small country declared war on the Country of Circles. King Marshall of the Country of Circles won the battle and added a great victory to his list. But Soldiers were seriously wounded and they were not in position to fight another battle.
      King Lucius declared war on The Country of Circles. King Marshall lost to King Lucius . It was a very easy victory for Lucius. At last Lucius’ dreams became true. The economy of the Country of Circles dropped heavily and the people suffered a lot.

“All hail King Lucius! All hail King Lucius!” the mob shouted.
King Lucius conquered the throne and became the first person to defeat Marshall.
      Prince Martin, the Son of King Lucius proposed to marry Princess Amelia, The Daughter of King Marshall in order to maintain peace in the realm.
“I will marry a person whom I know for at least two years. Moreover my father was defeated. I know you helped me in few situations. But I don’t think it is the right time for me to marry.” Princess replied to his proposal.
“I agree to your wish honourable princess. I will be your friend for now and let us rule the world with happiness”
“Fine”
“It means that you agree to my offer?”
“Yes but I will accept you only if I like you.”
“As you say princess”
     King Lucius gave the country of Circles to Prince Martin and he left for the country of Squares. No Country dared to challenge king and so Squares continued to conquer other small countries.
  Amelia looked out of the window in her room. She saw the world at play in front of her eyes.  “I love the nature. Watch how beautiful birds, animals and trees are! See how great the view from here is! Wow! See the sunset! It’s like a fruit fell on honey!” she said to herself in her loneliness.
The squares continued to dominate the world and no country was in position to fight the Squares. Only the people in Country of Circles and Country of Squares lived a happy life. All the other people who belonged to other countries had no food, no happiness and they suffered each and every day. The Earth was called as ‘the second Mars’ because there were bloodshed in three-fourth of the planet. So she assured herself her decision to marry Martin , spared her kingdom and her people even if she wasn’t at her happiest.
Few days passed...
      A young man whose hands were full of cuts and skin was damaged; who wore a torn dress and looked like a complete beggar, entered the palace. The soldiers blocked his way and did not allow him further. The young man shouted “Princess Amelia! Princess Amelia!” Amelia heard his scream and told the soldiers to allow him inside.
“Thank you princess”
“Who are you?”
“My name is Robert. I am the younger brother of Richard. Please allow me to say few words.”
“There is no need for me to hear your words. Just get out from here! Otherwise I will have to drag you out.”
“Please let me say something.”
“Throw this guy out of the palace!”
Soldiers dragged him out of the palace and the poor young man went back.
“Excuse me, Honourable princess. Who is Richard?” a minister who was sitting in the palace asked.
“Oh I forgot. You’re the newly appointed minister right?”
“Yes princess.”
“So I think you don’t know Richard.”
“Yes, your highness”
“Richard was my best friend from childhood. He was the only one who respected me and played with me. He is a born genius. He is a great tactician. The Country of Circles won many battles only because of him. He used to give orders regarding the roles of soldiers, archer, and horse riders in battles. Based on his orders they will fight in the place as said by Richard. In many battles, even king asked Richard regarding the place where he has to fight.”
“Pardon me, princess. You told that he was your friend. It means he is not your friend now?”
“I didn’t complete yet. Yes he is not my friend.”
“Oh sorry, please continue”
“At last all the countries lost to the Country of Circles except the Country of Squares. Battles between the two great nations went on and on but it didn’t come to a conclusion even with the help of Richard. It doesn’t mean Richard lost. Neither the Circles nor the Squares lost. In one fine day, Richard turned back on the Country of Circles. He told that he was told to manipulate the mind of me and king Marshall. He was in support of the Country of Squares from the first. He explained me about these things and tried to kill me. One day when I was turning back, Prince Martin shouted my name. I saw Richard approaching me with a sword, I threw a sword on him and so he died instantly. He was my close friend since my childhood. I didn’t expect this from him.”
“Oh thank goodness you’re alive, princess Amelia. If Richard is a supporter of Squares, why did Prince Martin save you?”
“I asked the same to Prince Martin. He told me that Richard turned back even on the Squares. He told me that Richard tried to obtain the Country of Squares all by himself.”
“Oh! Then why did the prince protected you?”
“He told that he loved me and he wanted to marry me. I told him certain terms and conditions. We are acting according to it now.”
“Oh! Sorry for reminding you of the past”
“No it’s okay”
After few days many mysterious things started to happen in the Country of Circles. Many rumours started to spread each and every day. It is believed that there was a mysterious pit in the forest nearby. Whoever get themselves in that pit disappear. Prince Martin and Princess Amelia started to wonder.
“How can this be possible?” Princess asked the Prince.
“I have no idea princess.”
       As days go by, one soldier was getting disappeared every day. The soldiers had to stand in that forest in day as well as in nights from preventing other countries to invade the country of Circles. Every night one soldier got disappeared. It was believed that while guarding in forest during nights, the soldiers get themselves into the pit and they get disappear. So no one dared to go near that pit.
      One day the situation became worst. There was not even one soldier left. A recruitment of soldiers took place in the country of Squares. All the old soldiers were sent to the country of Circles immediately for protecting the prince, the princess and the great nation. All the newly recruited soldiers were retained in the country of Squares.
     The Prince had no other choice. He went to the forest by himself to settle this once and for all. He went there and closed the pit with huge rocks. Then people stopped disappearing and then happiness returned to the country of Circles again.
“I am so happy that everything went back to normal” princess said
“Yes princess. It got us a lot of trouble.” prince replied
“You made a good impression about you in me”
“I am glad. Come to think of it we are friends for one year and eleven months. It means that the war ended one year and eleven months ago. After one month, will you marry me?”
“Yes I accept.”
“Thank you so much princess. Let us show the world, the way to live the life. After marriage we are no longer prince and princess. We are king and queen of the country of Circles!”
“Yes I am excited! Come here minister”
“Yes princess?”
“Let the preparations for the marriage begin!”
“Yes your highness!”
“Please tell me about the Country of Squares. I don’t know much about your Country.” Princess asked
“Country of Squares is a land of competition. People compete to earn recognition. Getting recognition in the Country of Squares is considered as one of the most difficult tasks in the world. But if anyone gets recognition, he will be the most respected person in the world. If king is pleased, you can forget about earning money. That person will earn more than he wants. I am one of those persons.” Prince replied
“You’re the prince. Aren’t you? Then why you need to earn recognition?”
“Okay fine I will tell you the truth. King Lucius got neither sons nor daughters. He adopted me.”
“What! You’re an adopted son of king Lucius? It means that you’ve impressed him in some way. How did you do that?”
“It happened seven years ago. The Country of Rectangles invaded the Country of Squares. Even king Lucius had no clue how to stop the Rectangles. So king Lucius offered that anyone who gives idea to defeat rectangles will be adopted by king and will become the prince of the country of Squares. But who gives a bad idea will be executed. All the people were scared to give ideas to king. I was the only one who volunteered for giving an idea.”
“Wow! Impressive! By the way what idea did you give?”
“The Country of Rectangles formed its powerful formation called as ‘the mega rectangular formation’. In that formation all the soldiers formed a rectangular shape surrounding the country of squares so that no one could escape. After forming that formation, all the soldiers will start approaching inside the country and slowly inside the palace. I gave an idea to stop that formation. I gave my own new formation called as ‘the sixty four thousand squares chessboard formation’. Normally there are sixty four squares in a chessboard. But in order to break through the Rectangles, it was compulsory for me to form sixty four thousand squares. It was a big square comprising of sixty four thousand soldiers. I told them to divide into hundred squares and they should form the big square once in five minutes. I calculated and I told that once they form the big square for the fifth time, we would have won that battle. The same happened as I said. King Lucius got impressed and made me the prince of the Country of Squares. Since I won the battle using a square formation, that Country had been named as the Country of Squares.”
“Wow! Seriously amazing! Now I understand the reason why neither the Circles nor the Squares won even though many battles were fought continuously. There were two geniuses in both countries. Richard of the Country of Circles and you, Prince Martin of the Country of Squares”
“Indeed.”
“Okay it is late, I will better go and sleep. Good night”
“Good night princess.”