Chapter 9

Hey everyone! I am back after almost a week😅I am really sorry for the delay, but I was stuck up with something important. Thank you so much for all the votes and comments😍❤

Here goes the next one...

***

Finally gathering the much needed courage, I decided to talk to her. The dinner went in silence, with neither Ansh nor Elena speaking. Sonakshi was having few talks here and there with Saurabh.

In this way, I managed to finish my dinner.

After we all were settled near the campfire, done for the day, I neared Sonakshi and tapped on her shoulder.

Gesturing her a minute, I asked her to accompany me to the river for a walk. She was about to dismiss the idea, but seeing my pleading eyes, she agreed to it.

There was this awkward yet comfortable silence in the air.

But something was not right. And this is why I was here.

To mend things, or to rather mend heart?

***

“Umm...Sonakshi?! Actually I wanted to ask...umm..are..you alright?”

She just replied with a ‘yes’.

“I don’t feel so. You are literally avoiding me from the time we left that restaurant. Have I done something that hurt you? If so, then I am really sorry for that. And trust me, it was unintentional. But please don’t do this to me.”

“No, Dev. Its nothing like that.” She dismissed and continued walking further.

And her this ignorance towards me was getting unbearable. If she had some problem with me, then why wasn’t she sharing?

Ughhh. Enough is enough.

“Sonakshi?! I am talking to you!” I replied, clearly frustrated due to lack of clarity regarding the actual issue.

I abruptly turned her towards me. She was surprised by my sudden act, and I got remembered about the same incident, and so left her immediately. She calmed down a bit.

“What is happening Sonakshi? I told you I am sorry right? I was just trying to save you from stepping on those tools, and later....I just got a little carried away. But I promise you this won’t happen again.”

Suddenly, her gaze softened and she took my hand in hers.

“Dev, all this has got nothing to do with you. Its just that, there are some things in life which you can never erase and they haunt you for lifetime. But I promise you that I will never behave so rude with you again.” She replied with a sad smile.

At that moment, I felt that there was something that was bothering her.

Something that had a deep impact on her life. And she was bonded because of it.

I wanted to set her free from that bondage. Her words held some really deep meaning, and I wished to know every aspect of her life.

Not because I was a nosy person, but because I really cared for her and wanted to take away all her pain.

Giving her hand a soft squeeze, I said, “Sonakshi, if you want, you can share it with me. I will surely try to help you with it. After all what are friends for?!”

“Thanks a lot Dev. But just let it go. There is no use crying over past memories.” She replied.

“As you wish. But I would just like to say that some things happen in life which are not-so-good and tend to upset us. But then we should focus on oh-so-good things in life that tend to make us happy. You know like ‘ME’ ?!” I added with a wink.