Chapter 13 - The Mansion's Remains

Dipper's POV

Few Days Later~

"Hey Stan, I feel like we're forgetting something..." I told him as we ate lunch in the Mystery Shack's kitchen

"And what would that be?" He replied.

I tapped my chin, deep in thought. What are we missing? What started this mess? What-

I widened my eyes as I realized what we're missing. "The Journals!" I hissed.

Stan immediately stopped eating and stood up, pacing around. "Oh no, did the 3 Journals burn during the fire? No, it couldn't. I placed it in my safe which is probably fire proof..." He looked at me suddenly. "If we find the Journals once again, I can bring ba- I can heal Mabel." Stan corrected himself.

"What are you guys talking about?" Pacifica asked suspiciously as she walked downstairs. The cast was finally off, though the sight of her neck was still a bit bruised.

I raised my eyebrow at Stan, curious to see who he'll want to "bring back." Then looked back at Pacifica and shrugged. "It's nothing." I said to the blondie.

"If you say so."

"So, feeling better Pacifica?" I asked her hopefully.

She sat down at the table. "I told you, I'm fine." She said annoyed.

"What, I can't ask my princess if you're ok?" I slowly reached for her hand and grabbed it and smirked. "You're my only love, you know?"

She huffed and said, "Fine."

"Stan and I have to leave right now." I said, signaling Stan with my eyes. "Is it ok if I have the amulet? We're encountering something... Dangerous."

"Dangerous? Why on Earth would you go find something dangerous?" Pacifica asked me.

"Gleeful purposes." I simply stated.

"You better not get hurt, Dipper." Pacifica warned. "We both are getting hurt too much- it feels like God hates us."

"Pacifica, you know I can take care of myself. So, can I have the amulet?" I asked her once again.

"Fine." She tried to unhook the clasp of the necklace which held the amulet. She tugged on it. "Dipper! It won't come off."

"What do you mean, blondie." I teased her. "Let me look."

"You better hurry up, I'll be waiting outside." Stan said, looking at us in disgust.

I turned Pacifica around and tried to unclasp the necklace. "Is it stuck or something?" I grit my teeth as I tugged on it. "I'll go get a knife."

I checked through the drawers in the kitchen and pulled out a sharp kitchen knife. It's heavy, not really good for throwing in my opinion.

I tried cutting the chain off with the knife but with no luck. "Guess I'll have to go without it..." I mumbled.

"Is it like glued to me or something?" Pacifica asked me, deeply concerned for the jewel. "It's not going to possess me like last time... Right?"

"Don't know. Didn't happen to me when I wore it on my suit." I replied. I patted her shoulder and gave her a kiss on the cheek. "See you later, sweetie."

"Bye Dipper, please don't get hurt."

"Sure thing."

--

"Holy-" I stood, shocked at the remains of the Gleeful mansion.

There were piles of ash everywhere and casual bricks and pieces of unburned wood scattered all over the place.

"How are we going to find the Journals in this mess?" I groan inwardly.

"If we only had that amulet..." Stan mumbled behind me.

"Let's just use our hands for now..."

Stan and I searched around, finding places to dig. Thankfully, there's no one investigating the place since it's been a few weeks after the fire. I wonder where we'll live? Will the mansion be rebuilt? Personally, I'll bring Pacifica back to my place since the Mystery Shack isn't a place to live for my princess.

"Ahah!" I heard Stan exclaim in triumph. He held up a maroon Journal with a golden hand and a number 2 written on the hand.

"So that's what you guys are doing." Someone said behind us.

Pacifica?

"No duh it's me, Sherlock." Pacifica said and nudged me.

"Wh-What? You can read minds?" I looked her incredulously.

"You have your secrets, I have mine Dipper." She smiled at me.

She pointed at Stan. "So, what on Earth are you doing that is not particularly dangerous?"

"Finding the Journals..." I sheepishly said. It's just Pacifica, Dipper. No need to get embarrassed to get found out.

"And why would you want to find the Journals, Dipper?"

"It's... Gleeful reasons."

"Can you tell me? I'll help." Pacifica crossed her arms. "I bet I'll be a big help since I have the amulet." She pointed at it.

I looked at Stan and had a silent trade-off. Then I nodded at Pacifica. "Fine. Can you just detect Journal 1 and 3? We need the 3 Journals."

"Sure." She replied.

Pacifica closed her eyes and slowly raised her hand. Two piles of ash and wood were slowly lifted up by a blue glow and 2 Journals zipped out under the piles.

The Journals landed in my open hands. I handed it off to Stan where he trembled at the sight. "Y-Yes!" He exclaimed. "I can finally fix things."

"Fix what?" I asked him, curiously.

He looked at me frighteningly. "Bring my twin brother back."

And so, a million questions zipped through my mind. "I thought you were going to use them to heal Mabel!" I exclaimed.

"Yes, we'll do that. Once I bring my brother back, he can fix Mabel. I'm sure of it."

"So we wait? That's all we do? The more I think about it, I feel like the Journals are useless."

"They're not, Dipper. You'll see." Stan replied.

"My brother, Ford will fix all the horrible things in this place."

--

Things won't escalate yet, my fellow decoders.

Yes, I'll call you, my readers, decoders :)

lol, see you in the next update!        [this chapter was mostly a... Filler chapter]

- Cassie

Please point out any mistakes please!

--

8-5   23-9-12-12   3-15-13-5    2-1-3-11    2-21-20    20-8-9-14-7-19    23-9-12-12    14-15-20 6-1-12-12    1-3-3-15-18-4-9-14-7    20-15    16-12-1-14.

--