↬ Let It Go

It was in the summer, that the son of Poseidon, Perseus Jackson had an idea. And he certainly didn't mind telling his girlfriend, Annabeth that he did. 

She of course was worried as to what it was, due to his past nature. But she was very thankful that she had the months leading up to the Winter of the same year to try and get him to stop, or at least tell her what the idea was (to no avail.)

~

Later that year, as the days began to shorten, and to grow colder, Percy acted. It was something small at first, and Annabeth hoped it would stay that way. He changed into the clothes of Elsa from the film he had seen earlier the year.

But that wasn't it. When was it ever?

The next thing he did was to begin to sing, which, although she loved him dearly, made Annabeth cringe. Anybody could tell him that he singing just simply wasn't the career path for the boy.

"The snow glows white on the mountain tonight

Not a footprint to be seen
A kingdom of isolation
And it looks like I'm the queen

A kingdom of isolation,
and it looks like I'm the Queen
The wind is howling like this swirling storm inside
Couldn't keep it in;
Heaven knows I've tried,"

At this point, he commanded the snow laying on the ground to swirl up and around him, creating a dramatic effect. He also made an ice path. Annabeth couldn't stop herself from burying her head in the crook of her elbow, embarrassed for Percy.

There was also a small crowd beginning to form around them. A few of the Aphrodite campers had emerged from their cabin, as well as Piper coming over from the stables where she had been looking after the pegasi.

"Don't let them in,

don't let them see
Be the good girl you always have to be
Conceal, don't feel,
don't let them know
Well now they know, "

Percy proceeded to continue the ice bridge from where it already was to arc up and onto the top of the Big House, where he stood as he sang the next verse. If Annabeth had seen this she would have tried to stop him, but her head was still buried firmly in the crook of her elbow.

"Let it go, let it go

Can't hold it back anymore

Let it go, let it go
Turn away and slam the door
I don't care
what they're going to say
Let the storm rage on.
The cold never bothered me anyway." 

As Annabeth looked up, she saw the ice break and leave him atop the Big House. Had she known that he would do this, she would have never taken him to see the film in the first place. She looked around to see the crowd, which had know grown louder.

They were muttering and pointing up at him. Some were amazed, others shocked. Some held their breaths, not wanting the boy to get hurt, while some simply laughed, glad to have some form of amusement around.

Annabeth, still embarrassed for him, and now worried for his safety, shouted up to him, "What are you doing Percy? I told you not to go through with any idea you had!"