Chapter 10: Confessions

~Katelyn~

   "Zane! Let me go! It's not important!" I snap. He grabbed my wrists and saw the cuts and scars on them.
   "It is important Kate. You're CUTTING!" He snaps back. I glare.
   "So?! Again, it's not the biggest deal!" I try to break free but his grip is too strong.
   "It's a big deal to me. You shouldn't be brought so far down that you cut! That isn't you!" His eyes are desperate.
   "You don't know me." I answer quietly. I can't even look him in the eye.
   "Kate... talk to me about it. Please. You can't keep this up. We both know where it will lead if you keep this up." I hear the sadness. It was weird coming from him. He normally didn't act like this. He normally acted like he didn't really care.
   "F-Fine. Later. I'll tell you all about it." He lets my wrists go but doesn't leave my side. He wipes his eyes and I feel really bad.
   "How long?" He asks.
   "A year. I didn't really cut at first but when Gene showed up again, I couldn't help it. It brought back the memories. I was so ashamed of what happened in high school. Embarrassed. I couldn't help it. It just grew worse." I still don't look him in the eye. I felt guilty and horrible about this. The worst part is that he most likely already knew what the cause of all this is.
   "And what's causing this? Abuse? Gene? Trauma?" His voice was getting harsher. And more painful to hear.
   "Cut me some slack, would you?! A lots been going on for me, Zane! I broke up with Travis, I'm not sure if I'm even friends with Nicole anymore, Gene came back and tried having sex with me! What the hell do you think I've been like this?!" I snap. He flinched slightly.
   "I don't know, Kate. You could've at least told someone!"
   "I did! And I'm currently no longer friends with that person! I'll let you try to guess who it is!" I glare. He looks down.
   "Kate, I'm sorry. You could've told me. I wouldn't have ditched you because of it." I hear him sniff.
   "I know Zane. I was scared. Nicole called me a depressed freak searching for attention." He hugs me. I was a little shocked. He normally didn't hug people, especially me. I even feel the familiar butterflies in my stomach.
   "You aren't a freak. You're just hurt. Come on. You're spending the night with me and Laurence and Garroth." He releases me. I smile. I normally always spent the night over there when I was feeling down. Garroth and Laurence can always find a way to cheer someone up.
   "We're having Kate over? AWESOME!" I laugh. Laurence always got excited when I came over. Zane puts his arm around me. I felt my face become hot.
   "No. Mine. Back away Laurence." He jokes. Laurence smirks.
   "Give me the maiden!" Travis yells. Garroth steps in front of him.
   "No the maiden is mine!" He takes me from Zane and I laugh.
   "I liked it better with Zane, if I may confess." Garroth laughs. Zane's face turned a bright pink.
   "Ooh someone has a crush." Laurence taunts. I laugh, knowing my face was pink as well.
   "That is not true Laurence!" He exclaims. Though I catch him muttering "Well, it's a little true." I turn a dark pink.
   "I heard that Zane!" I try to sound joking.
   "Oh god Zane is a dead man." Travis laughed. I opened the door into their house.
   "I'm home." I joke. Zane takes my arm.
   "Come on let's go upstairs. They'll join us in a minute." He says. I follow him upstairs into his bedroom.
   "You had a couple confessions today, Zane." I say sarcastically. He laughs.
   "So did you." He says back. I smile and nod and lay down on his bed. I've been over so much that he doesn't even care if I fall asleep in his room. It happened so much before we've grown used to it.
   "We have a lot more to talk about." I say.