Anubis [Chapter 1: Valley of the King's, and the teenage Pharoh]

Warm air pushed the golden grains of sand, slowly burying her slumbering form under a thin blanket, and whipping her pale blonde tresses to hide her face from the suns harsh rays beating down upon her...

He bent down beside her, sun-kissed fingers reaching over to brush her hair away, revealing a contrast between their skin. His tongue flicked out, running a slow line across his bottom lip, gold orbs taking on a predatory glint as they peered down at her. His hand buried itself within pale tresses, as he cupped the back of her head, raising it a few careful inches from the sandy ground, as his own head lowered until he took her supple lower lip between his teeth. He drew blood.

Sky blue orbs snapped wide at the jolt of pain his actions had brought, as the taste of blood made itself known in both of their mouths- his curved into pleased smirk. Anger darkened her orbs, as she swiftly raised her knee, intending to wedge it between her attackers ribs.

But he was up in a flash, tanned fingers curling around her ankle. "Insolence. "He spoke, and with little effort, he tossed her off to the side, sending the girl rolling with a startled yelp erupting from her throat, as the strange staff, or whatever it was, rose to his awaiting hand.

A glare trained on the man, her hand hurriedly felt around, desperate to find something, anything, with which she might defend herself from this person. She felt her finger catch something, drawling a line of blood on her index, which quickly caught the tanned mans eye. Ignoring the dull pain, she gripped the object, which she soon realized was merely a rock possessing an oddly sharp, and pointy end. She climbed to her feet, holding her 'weapon' out in front of her, as she fixed a defiant glare on the man. She would not go down without a fight!

He merely smirked, amusement glinting as brightly as the sun reflected in his unusual gold orbs. When she charged him, she was met with air, her head snapping to the right to find him perched upon a pyramid. 'Pyramid!? ' Shock lit up her face at the sight of the large triangle-like building, as her attacker brushed off the odd skirt-like clothing he wore, his laugh rumbling sensually from his chest- forcing her attention to return to this odd male, blue orbs alight with confusion.

His tongue flicked out once more, licking away the tiny droplet of her blood which remained on his lips. "Interesting... "His voice was practically a pur, as he gazed down at her. And then he was gone, and she found herself on the wrong end of quite a number of spears. "Drop your weapon! "One of the muscular spear wielders barked, causing her mouth to open with a retort about how he couldn't have been much of a warrior if he thought her pathetic, though admittedly sharp, little rock could take on his spear- luckily for her, survival instinct kicked in when the man's spear drew perilously close to her throat, so close in fact that she feared to breath. She quickly dropped the rock, hands raising up in a show of surrender, though in the next moment they were being bound behind her back.

Soon she found herself being lead into a grand room, filled with pottery, silks, odd statues that seemed familiar to her- though how so eluded her, and forced her lips down into an annoyed frown. Two thrones sat in the room, drawing her eye, though they quickly snapped over to the boy looking near her age, as he spoke with one of the intimidating men, only to run off a few moments later. The boys departure did not go unnoticed by the other men, and she found herself being forced down onto her knee's.

The young Pharoh stared at his reflection in the water, tan fingers running gently over the short dark hair which had grown out. "I suppose I should have it taken care of soon... "He muttered to himself, before pushing back the bangs he'd grown- only to have them fall forward in that odd almost v shape once more. He huffed his irritation, as he straightened his posture, chin held high with regal bearing and chestnut orbs darkening with pride as the sound of footsteps caught his attention. One of the messenger boys proving to be the owner, as he came to a halt before the slightly older man.

"My Pharoh! "He greeted, fisting his hand over his heart as he bowed deeply- said Pharoh took the opportunity to blow his bangs out of his face, only to have them fly right back to haunt the top of his vision, and causing the young man to deadpan. Of course no signs of such un-royal behavior remained by the time the boy had straightened himself.

"What is it? "The Pharoh asked, forcing an infliction of authority into his voice, as Ay had so thoroughly drilled into him. The boy's muddy brown orbs revealed his intimidation, and the young Pharoh's lip quivered slightly with guilt. 'Ay seems to be instilling the fear of the gods into the new recruits these days... the boy looks as though one wrong word would lead to a hole opening up beneath his feet to swallow him up! 'He though with a twinge of pity- though quickly brushed it away before it could tumble his composure.

"S, some of the soldiers have returned, and they've brought an odd looking girl with them. "The boy informed, keeping his eye's low, as though fearful that looking into the Pharoh's eye's would cause his life to come to an abrupt end right then and there! Though the young Pharoh was happy with the boys unfounded fear at that moment, as his eye's had widened with curiosity, his lower lip disappearing into his mouth as he thought- something Ay would surely had lectured him for if the man had seen it, after all... it certainly wasn't a very 'regal' or 'demure' look he was sporting.

Holding back an excited spring in his step, he walked passed the boy, only smiling when he was sure the boy would be unable to see it. "Very well, I'll see what this is all about. "The Pharoh stated, keeping his voice as even as he could manage. 'Perhaps there is some meaning to this... some message from the gods that this person has been sent to deliver! Perhaps it will be just what I need to return my Ankhesenamun to me... 'He thought, with a smile filled with both sadness, as well as hope...

The girl however was already being questioned by a man looking to be in his forties, his odd little beard being a mix of the dark brown of the hair on his head, as well as an ashy grey. He stood intimidatingly before her, and was met by the enraged glare of her sky blue orbs as she was forced to kneel at his feet. "Name? "He snapped out his question in a voice filled with authority, and laced with irritation as a few of the soldiers mumbled about how brave this strange girl must have been to force 'Ay' to ask her not once, not twice but THREE times- and only over her name!

Her lips curled in a smirk, making it quite obvious that she was enjoying getting under the man's skin. "Isn't it only polite to offer up your name first before asking a lady for hers? "She questioned back with a cocky look about her- the side of her face was met with the mans cane, causing her to spit out a bit of blood.

"Such arrogance from such a vile little wretch! "This 'Ay' person said, voice so cold that a chill ran not only through her, but through many of the soldiers as well. The room went silent, as Ay stomped his cane onto the ground, as he reached down to grab a fistful of her blonde hair, rusty colored orbs met hers and glinted with some sort of sadistic glee, though the man was careful to otherwise keep a look of disinterest on his features.

He leaned in close, and she silently cursed herself when she attempted to jerk away in response. "Perhaps some time in a cell would teach you some manners. "His voice was low, threatening, and he pushed her to the ground before standing up to tower over her. "Take her to the dungeon! "He ordered with a flick of his wrist, and into next second two men were dragging her off as he walked away. She glared venomously at his slowly disappearing back until he was gone.

And then she found herself thrown into a cell, landing roughly on her back with a thud. As she lay there, she raised her hand to her aching cheek. "What the hell is going on here... ? "She asked nobody. Her tongue ran gently over the small cut on her lip, and she remembered the odd man she'd awoken to. "This is really fucked up! "