Sunlit Blessing

A cool breeze passed through the campsite, rustling the leaves of the trees that stood silently beside the two tents.

You shivered and snuggled closer to Zeno's body as you pulled the blanket the two of you shared closer around you. His pleasant scent enveloped you, with each breath sending you off into a deep slumber. Zeno's arms were wrapped protectively around you as his soft golden hair spilled on the pillow around his head where the dragon crest he always wore glinted in the moonlight.

However, tonight you were denied that peaceful slumber you so desired as a wave of nausea swept through you, rising up the back of your throat and threatening to spill. Frantically, you squirmed about in an attempt to escape from Zeno's warm embrace before it was too late. You succeeded and the instant you were free you lunged for the opening flap, tripping over tangled limbs as you did so before rushing to the surrounding bushes to heave up the contents of your stomach.

"(Y/N)? Are you okay?" Zeno asked drowsily, his worried voice close to your ear. You jumped, unaware that you had woken the Yellow Dragon Warrior with all the wriggling. His hand rubbed soothing circles in your back as he held your hair out of the way. "Shall I go get the Kid?" You noticed his lack of third person. "I'll go get him now," there was a hint of panic in his voice that grew every time you heaved.

"Don't worry... Zeno, I'll be fine.... It's probably...just something I ate," You rasped. "Some water will help...thanks," He nodded before sprinting off in the direction of the river with a cup in hand.

"What's going on?" Jae-ha emerged from the tent, flicking his loose long green hair back over his shoulder as he did so, " It sounded like someone was-" He froze when his eyes fell on your quivering form. "(Y/N)-dear? What's wrong?" His question was followed by the sound of groans coming from the tents as the others began to wake up and within a minute Yoon was by your side.

"Zeno's got the water. Here, here," He handed the cup to Yoon, who put some medicinal herbs into it before handing it over to you.

"Drink up. This should help with the nausea," advised Yoon.

"Thanks Mother," You said, giggling a little before drinking the medicine. Yoon's eyebrow twitched at the comment but before he could retort, Jae-ha steered him away to give you and Zeno some privacy.

Zeno planted a kiss on your forehead, tenderly brushing some strands of hair away from your face as he did so. "Better?"

"Yeah, thanks Zeno," Feeling better again, you and Zeno headed off back to bed where you spent the rest of the night asleep in each other's arms.

Just when you thought that was the end of it, the problem continued to persist for the following days. Each morning you would wriggle free from Zeno's arms, causing him to wake up to find you throwing up in the bushes, again. After every day that passed without any signs of getting better, Zeno began to get extremely worried about you, fearing that you would also be taken from him. He spent every second he could by your side to aid you in your recovery.

Due to your condition, the others decided to put travelling on hold for now in order to allow you to recover. They too began to grow more and more worried with each passing day.

One day, the whole group had gathered around the fire to eat another delicious breakfast Yoon had made. Yours consisted of a meal specially made to be easy for you to stomach. The warm broth soothed your scratchy throat and filled your taste buds with something delicious. You sighed blissfully, relieved to have a break from the awful taste that had been constantly plaguing your mouth.

The boy who made the meal had propped his chin on his hands and furrowed his eyebrows, a thoughtful expression on his face. "What is it, Yoon?" Yona asked, bringing everyone's attention to the self-proclaimed pretty boy.