from day one

chapter // I//joe

i arrived at the high school. it was my first day into what i called "hell." life was rough in the many suburbias of chicago. i had just moved in mid year into a big high school, and the population was vast;

jocks

nerds

preps

skaters

and of course me, an outcast. but in this group of "outcasts" my eyes trailed to him.

his big brown coffee glazed eyes that reminded me of a dazed puppy, his bright orange hat that represented the essence of california sunset, his hurley t-shirt that was plucked off a surfer shop shelf, his dickies cargo shorts, and his adidas superstar.

chapter//I//tom//continued

stepping off the school bus into the new hell i was assigned to made wanna die. i was kicked out of my last california catholic school because i was intoxicated in public. this was going to be the worst school i've been to yet, i just know it. 

all the cliques and their sub cliques were gathered in the courtyard. most of them were preps, an infectious disease that nobody fucking likes. then i saw the kids blasting their punk music in an effort to release themselves from the hell going on around them.

i saw one curly, freckled scrawny boy try to dance. the others pushed him away in a dramatic move to get him distanced from them, and to that, he fell onto the hard paved sidewalk. i watched as the preps laughed around him, teasing him and saying the unimaginable. when they vanished the area, i walked to him, offering my hand out to assist him.

and damn, he was cute. he had a soft face and captivating ocean blue eyes. his most noticeable feature was his nose, it was large and pointed, and made him look like a bird, but it was adorable in all the right ways. i watched as his cowlicked curl fell over his eye, and to make another attempt to help him, i flicked it out of his face and he blushed.