Chapter Twenty Three

- Ariana -

"Oh, Ari, it's going to be okay," Gunther promised, his arms wrapped around me tightly and his hand rubbing my back.

"I know, but...he's mad," I said. "Ugh, I sound like a lovesick teenager."

"No, you don't. It's the first day of feeling like you're losing your best friend, so it's hard," Gunther said. "Besides, you're strong."

I chuckled. "Thanks." I pulled away. "But I told him that we shouldn't be friends anymore, Gunther. Because of the whole situation -" I groaned, balling my hair in my hands and squeezed. "I hate this!"

Gunther handed me the fluffy pillow and I screamed into it.

"What am I suppose to do?" I questioned, hugging the pillow.

"You could start by the truth. Trust me, Ariana, when it comes to the end, people always find out the truth. It doesn't help that you're very famous," Gunther advised.

I pouted. "I know I should just tell the truth, but it's Sofia we're talking about. She's manipulative, smart, and..." I sighed. "She could destroy my career - or worse - Mac and your career!"

"That would suck," Gunther muttered. I looked at him, but he immediately shook his head. "I don't care. I have a college degree, I have enough money, and I'm settled. As much as I love the fashion and the dancing, it wouldn't compare to seeing my friend sad."

"What did I do to deserve you?" I pulled Gunther into a tight hug until his phone rang.

He pulled it out and whined. "I'm sorry, Ariana, but I promised some of the dancers to help with your dance."

"It's fine." I smiled. "You go do you. I'm going to Mac's."

Gunther kissed my cheek and shuffled out of bed. Once he left, I threw myself down and groaned. What am I going to do?

Things were so frustrating right now. I don't even know how I got on Sofia's bad side. I mean, we weren't close friends the first time, nor were we enemies. We kept our safe distances and barely spoke.

Sofia and I had met at a small club, but that was that. We had drinks together, talked, danced, and then, after that, we went our separate ways. I could barely remember that night. I rolled over and propped my elbows and rested my chin on my hand.

Justin.

I messed up badly. He didn't do anything. All he wanted to do was talk and figure things out. Then again, all I wanted to do was save Mac and I's career. If it wasn't Mac in the picture, I would be selfish.

Then there was my fans.

I hate to disappoint them and see them hurt. I've made mistakes and most of them stuck around, even when I was being an idiot. I loved them too much to make them think I was a liar - which I practically am. I'm lying about my relationship.

It's nothing big, but it will be once management knows. After all, they don't know about Mac and I's whole point. It's just a deal. A stupid, stupid deal.

I like Justin.

Dear God!

I like Justin.

I'm just too scared and selfish to come clean because I know that I'm afraid he doesn't like me back. Then, that's when the whole deal thing falls. We slept together, that's for sure, but it was nothing to get attached to, but here I am!

I groaned for what seemed like my hundredth time today. I got up and grabbed my phone. I needed some advice and I need to explain to Mac that things aren't really going well.

I stepped out of the room, but while I was walking down the hall, Sofia came over to me and pulled me away.

"I warned you," she remarked.

"What are you talking about?" I questioned.

"You know what I'm talking about, Ariana," she hissed, flicking her hair.

"Um, no, I don't." I rolled my eyes.

"Yes, you do," Sofia argued. "I'm not stupid. I know you and Justin are talking again. I specifically told you to stay away from him."

"Yeah, you did. And yes, I am!" I huffed. "It's been weeks since I've last talked to him, Sofia. I have no idea where you got this bullshit."

"Justin told me yesterday that he was going to talk to you." Sofia looked at me seriously. "Care to explain?"

"Actually, yes," I said. "Justin is a man of his own and you know he doesn't give up on his friends and family. And me, a friend of his, was ignoring him, so maybe he would like to know why I was. Didn't you ever think of that?"

"He told me it isn't my business."

"Maybe because it isn't?"

"It doesn't matter. You could've put a little more effort on avoiding him, but you didn't. Do you really not care about your fans?" Sofia backfired. "Because if you did, you should've listened to me."

"I didn't talk to him!" I protested.

"Tell all the lies you want, Ariana. That was your only chance." Sofia smirked. "I'll see you when your career is going downhill. Have a nice day!"

I'm fucked.

-

-

-

a/n: justin canceled the purpose tour, but it's okay. he needs some rest and he's human just like the rest of us. i hope he feels better and relaxes as much as he can.

also, these drama will be clearing up soon and about 9 or 10 chapters left! ily all sm