2 : The two sides of the shield

This story will absolutely contain violent scenes, behavior and language which may not be suitable for very young readers. Furthermore, this story does not promote violence or profanities, all actions and scenes are depicted for the purpose of embodying the plot and characterization.

2

The two sides of the shield

Kleya

"Look, I don't want to be here," giit ko.

"But you're already here. The least you could do is talk to Python," giit niya. Wait, Python? What the heck is that name?

"I don't want to talk to Python or any kind of snake, I just want to leave," pagmamatigas ko pero nanatili lamang akong kalmado. I'm really not into arguing or raising voices, I'm more into kicking ass and punching faces.

"Sister Margie wants you to be here. Just do it for her," aniya na para bang pinapakonsensya ako kaya natameme na lamang ako. She found my kryptonite.

Pagpasok pa lang namin sa mansyon ay agad na sumalubong sa amin ang isang napakalaki at grandyosong hagdan. Every inch of the place seemed to be made from wood which made it look very elegant and classy—vintage actually.

May mga cctv sa kisame at napaka-lawak ng buong lobby. Ni wala ngang sofa o mesa, ang nakikita ko lang ay mga lumang painting sa dingding at isang napakalaking guhit sa sahig na para bang isang shield na mayroong koronang kakaiba... kakaiba siya kasi parang mga kutsilyo ang nakatayo at nakapalibot sa korona. It looks so sharp and cool.

"That's Cosima's Coat of Arms—a crown made of daggers," she said proudly once she noticed I was staring at the floor.

"Ravishing," I whispered to myself.

She began to walk up the stairs so I had no choice but to follow. I don't want to be in this place but I don't have a choice yet.

"Forgot to introduce myself; My name is Lauren and I'm in charge of this safehouse. This mansion is just one of the few branches of Cosima. I'm not allowed to give you more information, but you should know that this particular branch of cosima is only for teenagers. You can consider this as a boarding school but better—"Panay sa pagsasalita ang babae habang naglalakad kami papasok sa mansyon. Kung makapaglakad siya, madam na madam, balingkinitan ang katawan at prim and proper talaga ang galawan.

Imbes na pakinggan siya, sumusunod lamang ako sa kanya habang pinapasadahan ng tingin ang bawat madaanan namin. Wala kaming nakakasalubong na mga tao. Kapansin-pansin ang katahimikan sa paligid. Marami kaming nadadaanang mga silid pero nakasara ang mga pinto nito at wala akong napapansing ingay mula sa loob. Yung totoo, safe house ba 'to ng mga survivor o serial killer? I swear, if this turns out to be a trap, mumulthin ko si sister Margie.

"Stay here, I'll talk to Python first," lauren said with authority and that's when I figured my way out. Before she could go, I immediately grabbed her hand and hugged her tight.

"I still want to punch you in the face but thanks for taking me here," I said with a cold tone, still hugging her, I slowly slipped my hands into the pocket of her skirt.