Chapter 2

Before.....

I gathered my not-yet-unpacked supplies and ran back to the wall of heat and jumped into the earth, I relaxed as the heat consumed me.

Now........

As soon as the searing heat was gone I looked up to see she had vanished. This girl was defiantly peculiar, there was no sign of her, and the earth was healing itself. I looked around panicked, if the lava almost scorched me, was she hurt?

"Jacob, what happened?!" Emma ran up to me. She glanced at the opening in the earth and to my face.

"I don't know. Sh-She was right there," I pointed to her old camp spot.

"What, there was a back pack, and a small fire right there!" I jumped over the small crack and rushed to see what had happened. The dirt showed that she had run from the lava to her things, and back, leaving no trace after that.

"Jacob...... Who are you talking about?" Emma questioned me cautiously.

"The girl, there was a girl right here, Emma, you've got to believe me! She must be a peculiar! I saved her from a wight!" I looked at Emma pleading. But she looked into the crack and ignored me.

"Jacob, come on" She said.

"No Emma, you've got to believe me!" I yelled.

"Jacob I do, get over here, looked at the lava." She commanded me. I silently walked to her, stopping before the crack, and I looked down. I felt my eyes widen. There she was, in the lava, slowly fading from sight, relaxed as if it was a warm bath.

"Emma, that's her.... That's the girl," I began to panic, how could she breath?!

"Give me a minute." She said before jumping into the searing hot pit after Phoenix.

"EMMA!" I screamed, I tried to get close to the pit, but the heat was starting to rise again. Like a sleeping volcano waking up. I watched as Emma swam with all of her strength to the Phoenix, who was gaping at Emma.

"Jacob, get away from that." I heard a woman say. I tensed up.

"How do you know my name?" I questioned, not taking her advice.

"Because I'm Miss Peregrines friend, and the bird of this age. Get away from my me- ah, student." The woman said. I sensed a monster nearby. I felt the whisper  fall from my mouth, the monster stopped it's movement.

"Move now."  I had to listen, I was starting to smoke from the heat. I slowly stood, but I didn't turn to her, but I felt my pockets for any weapon I might have in my pants. All I got was a penny. Jeese, how I hate  pennies right now.

"Good boy." I heard the rattling breath of the monster, but not the wights, mine. After I had learned to speak the ancient language, I had been building an army to retrieve help.  They were slowly coming, all of them. I smiled evilly.

*Click-click.* I ducked down as I heard her load her gun, and the shot a arc of lava at the wight, I didn't see what squirming mess what was in it, but it hit the enemy.

"AH!!!!!" The wight screamed. Then it was just a burnt spot on the forest floor. I jumped up.

"Ha, what now b***!" I said. Score one me. I look at the writhing mess in the molten rock.

"Emma?!" I croaked as my jaw dropped. Phoenix and Emma were fighting to the death in lava, Phoenix was controlling the lava, and Emma was throwing fire into her face. To hot girls fighting, and I mean searing hot!