Chapter 12- Unknown Family

Sting Eucliffe grimaced.

There were both men and women were scurrying around the ballroom, their uniforms untidy and whispering to each other in hurried voices.

The ball was officially starting in two hours- actually, Sting didn't know when it was going to start.

He couldn't care less about the whole dancing and socializing part.

And what he did care about was much more severe. 

Weisslogia's pressure on him getting a wife unnerved him.

Even if he made the invitations public, all these officials... nobles, earls, lords, mistress', and whatnot. They would all be breathing down his neck, lurking in the shadows. These people- all close partners to the Royal family- wouldn't leave without a thorough investigation.

But it's better to try than do nothing at all, no matter how bad the circumstances. Especially when a loved one tells you to.

The girl.

(y/n).

The stranger with the uplifting smile, the lingering (h/c) hair, the petite features, her sad but always loving (e/c) eyes.

Something so rare, so precious.

Sting wanted her next to him, he selfishly admitted.

All these unknown and blank faces annoyed and irritated him.

He longed to be loved, loved by more than just Rogue and his father.

The blonde smiles as he finally admitted it in his head, but he scolded himself a moment later on how awful that made him sound.

It made him sound that he only wanted (y/n) because she was special and usable.

He would never use her.

"Sting, you look down," Rogue said disapprovingly, sending him a look. "It's the last one, please at least try to enjoy yourself.

He snorts. "Enjoy myself? I'm literally getting forced to being married." He turns away from the bronze leaning of the upstairs section of the ballroom. Now, he was leaning with his elbows backward away from the maids and butlers.

"Would you be happier if you got married to the person you've been smiling about these past few weeks?"

Sting jerks his head towards his best friend, strong muscles tensed. "How-"

"Oh please," the ravenette interrupts him. "Everyone's noticed, and people are getting suspicious. Even his Highness is wondering about the mystery girl you've been so faithful to lately."

Despite himself, he gulps when Rogue calls (y/n) 'mystery girl'.

It makes this whole thing seem like a secret love affair, or that he has a rendezvous with her every night, throwing stones at her windows and presenting scarlet roses under the full moon.

"It's not like that," Sting whispers, turning his head away from his best friend, mind plagued with thoughts he's had for the past week.

As much as he wanted it to be that way, (y/n) still was a girl with feelings and emotions. Who told him what she was thinking?

*

I shield my eyes from the blinding light, my hands brushing against my face.

As quickly as it appeared, it disappeared.

I peeked through my (s/c) finger tips, only to find sparkling dark green eyes and a sizzling smile.

I slowly removed my hands, the girl not moving an inch as I stared at her.

She was... floating.

Off the ground.

Her feet weren't touching the vegetable patch she was floating over.

"You- you're- you're floating..." I whisper astonishingly, making the girl chuckle.

She goes further up into the air, away from me. She has light blonde hair that go like waves down her back, a little tut of hair sticking out cutely. Her green eyes matched her pink and baby blue dresses that was spread wildly around her.

But she flying wasn't the craziest part.

She had a tail.

"Hi, I'm Mavis! Your fairy godmother!" she cried happily, setting ablaze another smile. The moment she said 'godmother', a long, iridescent white wand appeared in her hands, completed with a star on the top that seemed to glitter.

"Godmother?" I say quietly, scared of someone hearing me. Confused, I look up at her for an explanation. "Not to be rude or anything, but I don't think I have a godmother," I admit.

"Oh, don't be silly!" Mavis giggles. "Everyone has a godparent! And I happen to be yours, after your mother asked me to take you in my care."

I stare, stunned.

My mother did? She knew about... this? This floating girl that seemed to be using magic?

"I'm a wizard," she explained. "I'm originally from Fairy Tail," her pale cream tail swished. "Just like your mother, who was a noble there."

"My mother? She was a noble there? Are you sure?"

"Yep. Oh come on, don't act so surprised! She didn't tell you about me at all?"

I shake my head at her.

She smiles. "Well, I do know about you, you know. I've seen you play when you were just a child, in the forest and the garden. I always loved watching you trying to capture pigeons," Mavis winks, and I blush embarrassingly.

"Now, no time for small talk! We need to get you over there to the party, and we have no time to waste!" she said excitedly, a look in her eyes asking if anyone dares to challenge her.

"The ball? But... but Minerva..." I instantly winced, expecting to be scolded after calling her by her name instead of m' lady.

"Don't worry about them, they're already gone over there. We better get you fixed up fast though..." she taps a hand on her chin. "Got any pumpkins?"

I raise my eyebrows, secretly enjoying her straightforward, warm personality. "Yeah, but they're kind of small," I wave a hand over to the far end of the patch.

"That'll do!" Mavis flies over there, raising her wand in the air. "Watch this!" she grins at me.

I nod back, smiling.

Mavis swirls the wand in the air, holographic sparkles flying off as she increases the speed. Bringing it down quickly with a 'Tadaaaaaa!' she throws her wand, hitting the pumpkin.

In a flash similar to the one where she appeared, a beautiful carriage stood before me.

White and round, it had curtains and fancy wheels made from intricate designs of metal. I gasped, not having seen anything like this before.

"Oh, and (y/n)?" Mavis calls for me.

I look up at her.

"This is only the beginning," she winks. 

So. 

School's over. 

Equals Vacation. 

Vacation equals no computer. 

No computer equals no updates. 

For three weeks. 

HEADS UP